[SFGP] ANNOUNCEMENT LIST FOR THE SAN FRANCISCO GREEN PARTY - Finl

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Fri Apr 3 00:25:13 PDT 2009

Friday, April 3, 2009
ANNOUNCEMENT LIST FOR THE SAN FRANCISCO GREEN PARTY

Send Announcements to news at sfgreens.org
Please keep items brief; submissions may be edited for length and content.

Green Party General Membership Meetings are scheduled 7-9pm every Fourth Wednesday of the Month
1028-A Howard Street (between 6th and 7th streets)
http://www.sfgreenparty.org/

EVENTS (San Francisco, unless otherwise noted)

* Animal Advocacy Working Group Meeting: Monday, April 6, 7:30pm
Golden Era Vegetarian Restaurant (http://www.goldeneravegetarian.com)
572 O'Farrell St (between Leavenworth & Jones - near Union Sq)
Arrive at 7pm to order dinner if desired. The meeting begins at 7:30PM.
To find the group, look for the table with the wolf photo displayed.
AWG works for animal liberation and welfare in San Francisco, and helps influence City Hall and the public to support human/animal equality.  To locate us, or for more information, call 415-756-8844.

* Rent Party with Barry's Homebrew!  Saturday April 11, 4pm
2467 28 Ave. @ Taraval (off the L Muni line)
Times are tough, and the SF Green Party is feeling the pinch as we are struggling to pay rent on our office.  So as we work on finding new ways to bring in some extra money, help us out with some temporary support by coming to Barry Hermanson's "Rent Party" and enjoy some of Barry's famous homebrewed beer.  Barry has brewed up some IPA and an ESB (English Style Bitter - that actually tastes like a brown ale) just for this occasion, so come on by and party with the Greens, and
if you can donate any amount, large or small, we will come a little closer to making ends meet and holding on to the valuable resource that the office provides. Bring grillable items to share if you can!

* Green Party General Membership Meeting: Wednesday, April 22, 7-9pm
1028-A Howard Street (between 6th and 7th streets)
http://www.sfgreenparty.org/

_______________________

NEWS

America Needs A Green Economic Recovery Plan, Not Obama's Wall Street Rescue Operation
http://www.gp.org/press/pr-national.php?ID=195

Don't Go There Mr. President!
http://www.thenation.com/doc/20090413/hayden?rel=emailNation

Senate Passes Green Energy Bill
http://capitolweekly.net/article.php?1&_c=xvmif8yjjntb1v&issueId=xv12cqmbjchpgu&xid=xviovqwxls998z&_ce=1238651013.5650ff35053a9bbcce9075871c631f53

Existential Crisis at the G20 Summit
http://www.progressive.org/mag/rc040209.html
http://www.inthesetimes.com/

Frontline: Sick Around America
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/sickaroundamerica/

Iraqi Gays Sentenced to Death for Their Sexuality
http://www.ukgaynews.org.uk/Archive/09/Mar/3001print.htm