[SFGP] Endorsement Meeting Tonight 7:00, Followed by Screening of Jesus Camp!

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Wed Aug 26 14:24:23 PDT 2009

Green Greetings,
*
Please join us tonight at 7:00 for the Endorsement Meeting* for the upcoming
election.  We have invited pro and con speakers for the local props
(measures) and active members are encouraged to come and vote.

Details on the Measures are here:
http://www.sfgov.org/site/elections_index.asp?id=108988

*Tonight at 9:00 (after the Endorsement Meeting) we'll be unwinding with a
special screening of "Jesus Camp"*.  Come for either one or both!  This
riveting Oscar-nominated documentary offers an unfiltered look at a
revivalist subculture in which devout Christian youngsters are being primed
to deliver the fundamentalist community's religious and political messages.

Stereo sound and a projector for the big screen feel.  Organic vegan popcorn
provided!  Beer, cocktails, wine, and more available in exchange for
donations or feel free to bring your own!

*UPDATE ON FINANCIAL SITUATION:*
Since our fundraising email we have raised an additional $50, thank you very
much if you have chipped in!  We are still $550 short of what we need to pay
the final 2 months rent at our office, please give what you can ASAP.  We
have put a fundraising thermometer on our homepage to monitor our
progress...

http://www.sfgreenparty.org
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=62534706497
Feel free to submit any feedback or ideas to us at news at sfgreens.org.