[SFGP] SF Green Party Weekly Newsletter

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Fri Jul 3 04:08:43 PDT 2009

Thanks to all who marched with us and volunteered at Pride last
weekend!  It was a very successful weekend, and we registered many new
Greens and recruited new volunteers to help us repeal Prop 8.  We
received our warmest reception at any time we've tabled since 2003--it
appears that voters' faith in the Democratic Party is finally being
eroded by their actual policies.

* Upcoming volunteer opportunity:*

Please join us at the SF Mime Troupe's opening weekend, July 4-5, in
Dolores Park to help register Greens and recruit volunteers to gather
signatures to repeal Prop 8!

If you can join us, please email cc at sfgreens.org to confirm when you
can volunteer.  We are looking for volunteers from 1-4 pm both
Saturday and Sunday, especially at the beginning to help set up.  Meet
us at the corner of Church and 18th at 1 pm both days.

(Note that if we can't recruit enough volunteers, we will cancel
tabling on Sunday and focus on Opening Day Saturday, so be sure to
RSVP)

* Where are they now?*

Former Green Mayoral candidate Matt Gonzalez has started a blog!
Keep up with Matt's writings, here:
http://themattgonzalezreader.wordpress.com/

Matt was also interviewed recently on the League of Pissed Off Voters
radio show; an archived copy is here:
http://www.nerdnetworks.org/pcr/KingsOfSF-20090612.mp3

The show also features a nice interview with some Mission street
cart food vendors.

*
SFGP Animal Advocacy Working Group meeting,  Monday, July 6th,
7:30pm*Golden Era Vegetarian Restaurant, 572 O'Farrell Street, San
Francisco
(between Leavenworth & Jones near Union Square)
http://www.goldeneravegetarian.com /

Arrive at 7pm to order dinner if desired. The meeting begins at 7:30PM.
To find the group, look for the table with the wolf photo displayed.

The Group works for animal liberation and welfare in San Francisco, and
helps influence City Hall and the public, to support human/animal equality.

To locate us, or for more information, call 415-756-8844

*NEWS*
*Statement from Cynthia McKinney; Israel Holds 'Free Gaza 21' in a Prison in
Ramla, Israel* <http://www.gp.org/press/pr-national.php?ID=232>

*Join the new SF Green Party Facebook Group!:*
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=62534706497

Send Announcements to news at sfgreens.org
Please keep items brief; submissions may be edited for length and content.

Green Party General Membership Meetings are scheduled 7-9pm every Fourth
Wednesday of the Month
1028A Howard Street (between 6th and 7th streets)
http://www.sfgreenparty.org/