[SFGP] Free Movie Night Tonight and Urgent Action Alert

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Thu Mar 5 16:58:34 PST 2009

* SFGP FREE Movie Night, "Religulous": TONIGHT, March 5, 7 p.m.

Come join us at our headquarters for our weekly FREE movie screening!

This week we'll be showing Bill Maher's provocative new film, "Religulous".

We have stereo sound and a projector for the big screen feel. ?Organic

vegan popcorn provided! ?Beer, kombucha and other drinks available for

a donation. ?And don't miss "Milk" next Thursday!

http://www.sfgreenparty.org/events/events-itemfromhome.gem?idx=1884

PHONE CALL-IN DAY ALERT

(Please forward this message to every San Franciscan you know who cares

about ending the global climate crisis.)

Save San Francisco's Clean Energy Project!

Call Supervisor Ross Mirkarimi now!

This Friday, March 6th, the San Francisco Local Agency Formation

Commission (LAFCo) will vote on activating the Clean Power SF renewable

energy project, which was passed in 2007 to give the City 50% clean

electricity within the next decade.

But alarmingly, the LAFCo is poised to let the San Francisco Public

Utilities Commission (SFPUC) delay and weaken the project, thereby

killing large scale clean energy in San Francisco. We must demand that

the LAFCo vote a strong Clean Power SF project forward immediately.

WHAT YOU CAN DO:

Call LAFCo chairperson Supervisor Ross Mirkarimi today at

415-554-7630

with the following message:

"Please stop accepting the SFPUC's delays, and immediately hire, through

the LAFCo, the best qualified lead contractor to rapidly complete a

Request For Proposals for Clean Power SF."

(If you get a recording, or you are calling after business hours, just

leave your comment as a voice mail message.)

THEN:

SHOW UP AND SPEAK AT THE HEARING:

FRIDAY, MARCH 6, 2PM, SF CITY HALL, ROOM 250

Attend the hearing and speak at public comment to insist that Clean

Power SF move forward now!

DIRECTIONS:

To get to the hearing, go to the San Francisco Civic Center transit

station at 8th and Market Streets and cross United Nations Plaza to City

Hall (on Polk Street between Grove and McAllister).

PUBLIC COMMENT TALKING POINTS:

- The SFPUC has been delaying Clean Power SF for five years! Enough is

enough!

- Access to Obama administration clean energy stimulus funds could be

lost if we don't act now!

- There are new reports every day that the global climate crisis is

becoming far worse, far more rapidly than scientists previously

believed. We cannot wait one more day to begin this project!

- Clean Power SF will become the largest municipal clean energy project

on Earth, setting a strong example for the rest of the world to get

serious about the climate crisis!

- 48 other California communities are waiting for San Francisco to take

the lead on clean energy, and as California goes, so goes the world.

Starting this project now is critical to leading the entire planet to

take rapid action to end the climate crisis!

- During the current drastic economic crisis and budget cuts, Clean

Power SF will create a green economy boom in San Francisco providing

hundreds of desperately need jobs to this community!

For more information about Clean Power SF see
http://our-city.org/campaigns/CleanPowerSF_e.html