[SFGP] SFGP Newsletter: Meeting in the Mission Tonight (Wed.)

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Wed Nov 18 01:14:44 PST 2009

Green Greetings,

The mini-election on November 3rd went pretty well, we had an 80% success
rate for the local ballot measures we endorsed.  Statewide, Greens now make
up a majority on the Fairfax Town Council in Marin County, where Pam
Hartwell-Herrero finished 1st out of 7 candidates!  Nationally Greens had a
35% victory rate in municipal elections!  2010 is also likely to be a good
Green year...
Thanks to those who helped with or stopped by our tabling booth outside of
the Green Festival this weekend.  We registered 12 new Greens and collected
$100 in donations.

===============================

Tonight, Wed. 11/18  7-9pm
*General Membership Meeting
**El Cafetazo, *3087 16th St
(A week early this month to avoid Thanksgiving conflicts.  Also no Dec. mtg.
-holiday party instead.)
Due to scheduling difficulties with Ed Rosenthal, we have postponed our
forum on medical marijuana.  Instead, come grab a drink and join the
discussion at El Cafetazo for our return to the Mission, just a couple
blocks from our old office back in the turn of the century...

*Partial agenda:*
-Introductions, 5 min.
-Meeting Etiquette / Code of conduct - Christy, 15-30 min.
-Investments (savings, events, bags, Satori, Kleen Kanteens, tabling
upgrades, promo videos), 15-45 min.
-Compiling a list of Green accomplishments while in office - Paul, 5-10 min.
-Request from the Bay Area Environmental Health Collaborative - Eric, 5 min.

===============================

*Save the Date - Wed 12/18*
* Annual Green Holiday Party!*
(*No General Meeting in Dec - it's time to party*)
Details TBA

===============================

*NEWS*
*Greens make gains in city council races across the US on Election Day 2009,
with a 35% victory rate in municipal elections*
http://www.gp.org/press/pr-national.php?ID=263

*Greens blast the anti-choice Stupak Amendment in the Democrats' health care
bill, predict voter anger and defections from the Democratic Party over the
amendment*
http://www.gp.org/press/pr-national.php?ID=264

Join our Facebook group and invite your friends:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=62534706497

http://www.sfgreenparty.org/

Peace!