[SFGP] Greenzine: Endorsement Meeting tomorrow, Wed 4/28- 7pm / Plus More Fun against Sit/Lie!

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Tue Apr 27 05:16:34 PDT 2010

* Wednesday 04/28*
7:00-9:00PM
*Endorsement Meeting*

Our April meeting will be used to discuss SFGP endorsements for local ballot
measures and Judges on the *June 8 ballot.*  Several campaigns will be there
to speak and take questions.

*Open to the public, please join us!*

We'll be meeting at:

*The Women's Building*

*3543 18th Street (between Dolores and Valencia)
*
*Room B*

====================================

*

SIDEWALKS ARE FOR PEOPLE PART II

SATURDAY, APRIL 24

ALL-DAY / CITYWIDE

www.StandAgainstSitLie.org

Do something fun on a sidewalk near you and take stand against Sit-Lie.

San Francisco’s mayor and police chief are pushing for a law that would make
it illegal to sit or lie on the sidewalk anywhere in the city. We think it’s
an awful idea to criminalize the harmless act of sitting in public space.

We are responding by celebrating San Francisco’s public space, it’s diverse
and vibrant culture, and its tradition of tolerance and compassion.
Our first Sidewalks are for People event on March 27 was a HUGE success!
 You can check out lots of photos
here<http://www.flickr.com/groups/1342563@N25/pool/> and
cool videos here<http://www.standagainstsitlie.org/2010/04/10/viral-media-continues/>
 and here <http://www.youtube.com/user/SidewalksR4People>.

Once again, on April 24, people all over San Francisco will be doing what
they love on the city’s sidewalks and they will be inviting family, friends,
and neighbors to join them.

What can you do for SIDEWALKS ARE FOR
PEOPLE<http://www.standagainstsitlie.org/2010/04/09/93/>?
Anything! Play music, barbecue, yoga, lemonade stand, read, relax, art,
sidewalk sale, talk, sunbathe, knit, play chess, meditate, tai chi, eat,
dance, paint, write, sing, DJ, play drums, sit — Anything!

Find planned events throughout the city and add your own event to the
interactive
map at our website <http://www.standagainstsitlie.org/map424>.

We can provide you with signs and flyers. Take pictures of your event and
add them to our photo pool <http://www.flickr.com/groups/1342563@N25/pool/>!

Contact info at StandAgainstSitLie.org to get involved or for more information.
*

Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=62534706497
http://www.sfgreenparty.org