[SFGP] SFGP Greenzine: Endorsement Meetings! / Meet Presidential Candidate McKinney Tonight!

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Thu Jul 22 13:19:27 PDT 2010

*Greentings,*
It's a great time to be a Green!  The political insiders keep trying to
paint us as done, but we continue to thrive! 88 new Greens were registered
at Pride this year! Record-setting numbers we haven't seen since 2003 during
the lead-up to the war!  Now's the time to get involved!

*Green Party Endorsement Meetings*

The most important monthly meetings of the year are coming up in July
and August, when we make our endorsements.  Both meetings will take
place from 7-9 pm at the LGBT Community Center, 1800 Market Street, in
room 301.  We will discuss and make endorsements on ballot initiatives
on Wednesday July 28, and we'll hold a candidate forum and make
decisions on those contests on Wednesday August 25.  (We've already
endorsed NO on the proposed law against sitting down on public
sidewalks, and NO on the proposition barring local officials from
participating in party politics.)

Candidates running for Supervisor, School Board, or College Board will
receive our questionnaire just after the filing deadline, and answers
will be posted on our website.  Candidates for these offices who
return our questionnaire, as well as people running for other offices,
will be invited to speak at our forum and seek our endorsement.

All Green Party meetings and forums are open to the public.
Registered Greens who volunteer with us or otherwise work to further
the goals of the party are fully empowered to help make our decisions.
If you want to volunteer prior to our August meeting, contact the
County Council by emailing cc at sfgreens.org.
*
**Upcoming Monthly Meetings**
July (7/28) - Endorsements for Propositions, Welcome new CC members.
August (8/25)- Endorsements for Supes, college board and school board. *

============================

*Meet 2008 Green Presidential Candidate Cynthia McKinney Tonight!*

Join Cynthia McKinney to kick off of her cross country Bike4Peace
tour: tonight, Thursday, July 22, 7:30 p.m., at Twinspace, 2111 Mission St.
Community discussion with former presidential candidate and
Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney and Malcolm Shabazz, grandson of
Malcolm X, moderated by POCC Minister of Information JR of Block
Report Radio and Hard Knock Radio's Davey D - sponsored by Block
Report and Hard Knock Radio. Wheelchair accessible. Donations welcome.

For more info and other appearences in the East Bay this weekend, visit:
http://sfbayview.com/2010/cynthia-mckinney-on-the-oil-volcano-big-oil-and-bike4peace/

============================

*Help Elect another Green Supervisor (in Mendocino)*

A number of you are probably familiar with former U.S. Congressman Dan
Hamburg, who was the Green Party of California's first candidate for
Governor, in 1998.  This year, Dan is running for a seat on the
Mendocino County Board of Supervisors, and if he wins, he will become
one of the most prominent elected Greens in the country!

Dan did come in first out of four candidates in the recent June
election, but he didn't receive the required 51% to avoid a runoff.
He is now asking for our assistance -- so please make a contribution
ASAP by:

1) sending a check to: Dan Hamburg for Supervisor 2010, Post Office
Box 111, Point Arena, CA 95468.  Or,

2) go to Dan's campaign website ( www.votehamburg5.org ) and donate by
credit card.

Thank you very much for helping out!

============================

*Help Stop Wildlife Destruction And Toxic Gentrification In San Francisco*
http://our-city.org/campaigns/

In case you missed it, many Greens were involved in an historic protest...
*Afternoon Picket Shuts Down Israeli Zim Lin Line at the Port of Oakland,
6/20/10: video*
http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2010/06/21/18651424.php

*Find us on Facebook:*
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=62534706497