[SFGP] SFGP Greenzine: Monthly Meeting tonight, Wed. 7pm / KPFA endorsements / Tabling

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Wed Sep 22 02:32:20 PDT 2010

*Greentings,*

*SF Green Party Monthly** Meeting**
always open to the public*
*Wednesday 9/22 7-9 pm* at *El CafeTazo*
3087 16th St (between Mission & Valencia)

Join us to help plan our upcoming activities for the election season.  We've
made our endorsements, but we need to plan voter guide distribution,
precinct walking, and other activities.  What candidates should we focus on,
and what actions can we take to be sure our endorsed candidates win?

Registered Greens who volunteer with us or otherwise work to further the
goals of the party are fully empowered to help make our decisions.
If you want to volunteer, contact the County Council by emailing
cc at sfgreens.org.

============================

*KPFA Board Endorsements *

For those of you who are listener members at KPFA, we want to remind you to
send in your ballots--they are due back at the station on September 30.

This year, we have a chance to elect four Greens to the local station board:
Kate Tanaka, Cynthia Johnson, Tracy Rosenberg and Janet Kobren!

Last year, it took just 300 votes to be elected to the board, so if all
Greens vote we can really make a huge difference in electing candidates who
share a Green perspective on political change and opposition to the
corporate domination of society.

The SF Green Party urges votes for all the Independents for Community Radio
slate: Kate Tanaka, Cynthia Johnson, Tracy Rosenberg, Janet Kobren, Stephen
Astourian, Gina Szeto, Hyun-Mi Kim, Monadel Herzallah, Georgia Frazier,
Naeem Deskins. Visit www.voteindyradio.org to find out more about the
candidates and the issues. Please rank the above slate first, followed by
the candidates on the Voices for Justice
Radio<http://www.voicesforjusticeradio.org/>slate. Please do NOT vote
for any of the candidates on the misnamed
Save KPFA slate <http://savekpfa.org/>, as they aim to turn KPFA into a
virtual arm of the Democratic Party.
 ============================

* CA Governor's Debate demonstration with Laura Wells*

There is a Gov. debate in October in Marin. Surprise, Laura is not being
invited. Most telling is that Laura was told she needed 10% in the polls
to be invited, but we have confirmed that none of the polls that were
conducted even offered her as an option. People were only asked "Whitman
or Brown".

The polls are fixed!
Marin Greens are on top of this, and have planned a protest.

CA Governor's Debate demonstration with Laura Wells
Tuesday, October 12th
5:00pm Demonstration starts
6:30pm Debate begins between Jerry Brown and Meg Whitman
At the corner of Acacia Avenue & Grand Avenue in San Rafael, CA

Need more info?
Contact: Marnie Glickman, 415-472-2850, marnie at greenchange.org

There is also a brunch/fundraiser.

Open the Debates Brunch Party for Laura Wells
Saturday, October 9th
10:00am - 12:00pm
At the home of Larry and Holly Bragman
30 Hickory Road, Fairfax, CA

============================

*Tabling at Portola Festival Sunday 9/26, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.*

Please contact the County Council at cc at sfgreens.org if you are interested
in helping us table.  This is a great opportunity to reach a neighborhood we
have not tabled in before.

============================

*The San Francisco Film Society announces upcoming NY/SF International
Children’s Film Festival*, September 24-26 at Landmark’s Embarcadero Center
Cinema. The Festival will feature a diverse selection of short, feature,
animated and documentary films from around the world appropriate for kids
and teens ages 3-18 and their families, and enjoyed by the public at large.

The San Francisco Film Society is contacting you to inform you of some films
that we believe may be in line with SF Green Party's focus on conservation
and environmentalism.  *Turtle – The Incredible Journey* is an awe-inspiring
nature film that follows the personal story of a single loggerhead turtle,
one of hundreds of adorable, vulnerable babies born in the sands of the
Florida coast, as she grows into a strong-willed adult braving the
6,000-mile journey that has been the species’ perilous ritual for millions
of years. Jacques-Rémy Girerd’s *Mia & the Migoo* is a thrilling
eco-adventure that pits a plucky, wild-haired young girl against
profit-hungry developers, with the future of life on Earth in the balance.

More information:
http://www.sffs.org/Screenings-and-Events/Fall-Season/NY-SF-International-Childrens-Film-Festival
.

*Find us on Facebook:*