[SFGP] SFGP Greenzine: Monthly Meeting Wednesday

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Mon Feb 21 23:31:50 PST 2011

Greentings,
We hope you've enjoyed our effort to minimize unnecessary email overload, we
want you to be interested when you receive communications from us, so we'll
try to only send you email when we have something to say :). Revolution is
sweeping the Middle East, but we're locally focused, so let's keep working
on our non-violent-revolutionary Party and bring much-needed reform to
America, starting in SF!

*Wednesday 2/23 Monthly Meeting*
*(7pm sharp *because we'll be kicked out at 8:45*) *

*Western Addition library (1550 Scott St @ Geary), in the community meeting
room.*
*Agenda*
7:05 Jerry Brown's attack on transparent government/Sunshine - Bruce
7:10 Decisions - Two issues regarding dogs in the Golden Gate Recreation
Area and licensing of professional dog walkers - Bruce
7:25 Decision - endorsement of urban farming measure - Eric
7:35 Decision - endorsement of ban on shark fin soup - Eric
7:40 Decision - oppose eviction of recycling center from Golden Gate Park
(HANC) - Bruce
7:45 - 8:45 Update SFGP's transportation platform (available here:
http://sfgreens.org/transpo14.txt )
Time TBA (after 8, 5 minutes) Confirm nomination of Ramses Teon to the
County Council

Note that our discussion of privatization is postponed until our March
meeting, due to a conflict with an important hearing on soccer fields in
Golden Gate Park (with artificial turf and lights): that hearing will be
held at the Senior Center on Fulton and 37th Avenue, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.

All our meetings are open to the public and new members are most welcome!

*Job Opening*
We are once again looking to hire a part-time fundraiser.  Make calls on
your own time to lists we provide and collect a living wage!
If you're interested contact the County Council at cc at sfgreens.org .

While we work out the final touches on our new website please join us over
at our Facebook Group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=62534706497&v=wall

http://www.sfgreenparty.org/