[SFGP] Greenzine - Baum for Mayor Campaign and OccupySF

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sat Oct 15 22:54:21 PDT 2011

Dear Greens,

     Green Party Mayoral candidate Terry Joan Baum's kickoff party
last weekend was a great success!  Pics and other news here:
http://sfgreenparty.org/10-campaigns/29-baum-kickoff-party

    Terry was also recently interviewed by the Huffington Post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/10/san-francisco-mayoral-candidate-terry-baum_n_1004231.html

    Former supervisorial candidate Dean Clark is throwing a BBQ
this Sunday from 2-4 pm, with Terry as a featured guest:
http://sfgreenparty.org/events2/event/N3FicjFmM3VrcDI5OTVwYjRxZTg5ZzliNmMgOG51ZjNhajZ2M2UxNW40a282bGtka2tndWdAZw/1?start=1318798800&end=1318806000

    Other upcoming Baum events and debate appearances are posted on
our website:  http://sfgreenparty.org/events2

*===========================*

Get Occupied!

The SF Green Party has endorsed the "Occupy San Francisco" movement,
so get involved--more info on how you can help is on our website:
http://sfgreenparty.org/11-news/27-greens-endorse-occupy-sf

*===========================*

Rick Wolff is a well-known Marxist economist and one of the people who
first helped organize the Green Party in the United States; he also
ran as a Green for Mayor of New Haven.  He gave an address to the to
the New York City Green Party several weeks ago about the state of the
US economy ("it's over") and what's next.

More info, and video, are posted on our website:
http://sfgreenparty.org/issues/28-rick-wolff-address-to-green-party

*===========================*

We finalized our endorsements following our candidate forum on
September 13, and the results are posted on our website.  Thanks to
all the Green Party members who participated!  Full results are here:
http://sfgreenparty.org/endorsements

For Mayor:  #1 Terry Joan Baum, #2 John Avalos, #3 Jeff Adachi (ranked)
For Sheriff:  Ross Mirkarimi
For District Attorney:  David Onek

Vote NO on Props B, C, D, E, F, and H
no consensus (i.e., no endorsement for or against) on Props A and G

Longer explanations of each of these decisions will be included in our
Voter Guide, which should come out this week.  We'll post complete
text on our website and mail to all Greens (as well as many others).

*===========================*

**Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/volunteer coordinator**
Part time independent contractor (1099) position
Approximately 10 hrs/week, working from your home
Earn $10-20/hr, based on commission

The SF Green Party (SFGP) is seeking part-time contractors to help us
raise money for voter outreach (primarily, booth fees and costs of our
voter guide), as well as to help coordinate volunteers.

*Duties*:
* Raise funds for the SFGP by calling registered Green Party members
in SF. This will include "cold calling" as well as contacting our
previous donors. Lists will be provided.

* Update the SFGP's database with phonebanking results, including
people who wish to volunteer, have moved or changed phone numbers.

* Provide information to members about current SFGP activities,
including volunteer opportunities, events, and meetings.
Coordinate members wishing to volunteer via follow-up phone calls
and/or email.

*Requirements*:
* Prior phone canvassing experience (e.g., either volunteer or paid
progressive work for a progressive campaign).

* Knowledge of SFGP activities. The contractor must remain aware of
upcoming tabling opportunities and meetings, as well as party
strategy, in order to answer questions from members.

* Professional and discreet with sensitive personal and financial
information. Enthusiasm and strong personal communication skills
are also necessary.

* Personal values consistent with the Green Party's 10 Key Values:
http://www.gp.org/tenkey.shtml

* good access to a phone and computer.

The contractor will use their own telephone to contact SFGP members
from the voter file, and will solicit donations by credit card or
check. The contractor will also coordinate members wishing to
volunteer for SFGP activities. Results of phonebanking will be
entered into an online database. The initial contract will be for 100
hrs of work (approximately 10 weeks), and may be extended depending on
how successful the fundraising is. Pay will be commission-based: 50%
of donations received, with a minimum rate of $10/hr and a maximum
rate of $20/hr. The contractor will be responsible for all federal
and state income and employment taxes, including self-employment
taxes.

This position is available immediately and will remain open until
filled. Women, people of color, LGBT persons, and people with
disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. We will interview
qualified applicants after we review their resume. Please submit cover
letter and CV to the SF Green Party county council, cc at sfgreens.org.