[SFGP] Greenzine - candidate forum next week, questionnaires posted

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Fri Sep 7 09:01:49 PDT 2012

Dear Greens,

     We are holding a forum on September 12 to interview the remaining
candidates who are seeking our endorsement:

Location:  Park Branch Library meeting room, 1833 Page Street, Upper Haight
  (the meeting room is in the basement)

Date:  Wed, Sep 12
Time:  6:30-8:45 pm

The forum is mainly intended for Greens to ask questions of the
candidates, but everybody is welcome to attend regardless of party
affiliation.  If you are a candidate seeking our endorsement but are
unable to make this time, please be in touch with us at
cc at sfgreens.org.  Completed questionnaires returned by local
candidates seeking our endorsement are posted on our website:

http://sfgreenparty.org/11-news/42-questionnaires-posted-for-912-candidate-forum

More info on the forum is here:
http://sfgreenparty.org/events2/event/MWVkdTZpZDYzcjk0bGxrc2dqY2E3cGJmMnMgOG51ZjNhajZ2M2UxNW40a282bGtka2tndWdAZw/1?start=1347499800&end=1347507900

We are attempting to schedule an additional time for D5 supervisorial
candidates who are unable to make this date.

Our endorsements to date are posted here:
http://sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/39-november-2012-endorsements

For the Supervisorial races, we may issue ranked endorsements.  For
both the College Board and Board of Education races, there are 4 seats open
in this election, so we may endorse multiple candidates.

*===========================*

The Truth about GMOs . . . A Case for Labeling
September 15, 2012
Laney College
The Forum
3:00 pm - 5:15 pm
$5-10 suggested donation
Students FREE!

Alarmed by the pervasive health risks of Genetically Modified Organisms
(GMOs) in the American diet, leading consumer GMO advocate Jeffrey Smith,
and well-known author and environmentalist John Robbins have joined forces
to present, Truth about GMOs. Highlights include: a sneak preview of
Smith's new movie (Genetic Roulette) and a Q & A with both presenters
making a compelling case for voting YES on Prop 37 (Mandatory Labeling of
GMOs).

Please share with your East Bay (and SF) friends, neighbors, email lists,
etc! Prop 37 to label genetically engineered foods is on the ballot in
November, and this event will be a great way to learn about it! Laney
College is a short walk from the Lake Merritt BART.

RVSP on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/events/279948228776070/

*===========================*

Donate online!

We recently switched to a new payment processor, which makes it easier
to donate securely online, while keeping more of our donations going
to help our cause rather than ending up in the hands of Wall Street.

More info is on our website:
http://sfgreenparty.org/9-donations/34-donate-online

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/Volunteer Coordinator
(a part time independent contractor (1099) position):

http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted