[SFGP] Greenzine: 4th of July, Sunday Streets, Save CCSF and GGP!

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Wed Jul 3 19:08:21 PDT 2013

July 3, 2013

http://www.sfgreenparty.org/
https://twitter.com/sfgreenparty
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SFGreenParty/

Sunday Streets are a summer treat in the city. This Sunday July 7th
the Great Hwy will be shut down at Ocean Beach near Golden Gate Park
for all to enjoy: on foot,bikes, skates ,scooters, skateboards and
horses! Join SFGP as we table with Ocean Edge to save the huge meadow
behind the Beach Chalet restaurant from being commercialized &
privatized into soccer fields for hire. Our tables will be on MLK
Blvd./Lincoln @ Great Hwy.  Call 650-303-1176 if you can't find
us.

NEWS:

1. Support the BART strike. Mainstream media is trying to blame the
workers who have given up much while their top dogs make over $300,000
a year. http://www.wemakebartwork.com

2. The Pride event was wildly successful. Over 1,000 people marched
with the Bradley Manning contingent in the parade on Sunday. SFGP
donated to the printing of 10,000 terrific signs stating that Manning
is Our Grand Marshal!  We gave out 1,000 of those posters at our booth
over two days,along with over 400 of our newest SFGP brochure. We also
had the Ocean Edge banner/volunteers working with us (many are Greens)
to collect signatures to stop the gawd awful commercialized soccer
field behind Beach Chalet.  While PFC Bradley Manning stands trial at
Ft. Meade, pop-culture celebrities declare support for the Army
whistleblower in a 5-minute advocacy video. 20+ Hollywood
actors/musicians/other well-known leaders star in "I am Bradley
Manning" by filmmaker Oliver Stone. View the video:
http://iam.bradleymanning.org

3. The 1% are trying to steal City Collge!  Today, they announced
CCSF's accreditation will be revoked next year.  The Save City College
SF Coalition is continuing to work urgently throughout the summer with
HOT campaigns, events and demonstrations. You are welcome to get
involved! www.saveCCSF.org Join march to Department of Education--see
July 9th below.

JULY EVENTS:

1. Thursday July 4th: RESTORE THE 4TH.  Restore the Fourth aims to end
all forms of unconstitutional surveillance of digital communications
by the United States government.  11 am in SF at UN Plaza /Civic
Center BART. http://www.restorethefourth.net #nsa Also see SF Green
Party FB page.

2. We'll be registering voters at the SF Mime Troupe's opening
performance in Dolores Park! If you can help, email
cc at sfgreens.org. We'll meet and set up at 12:30 on the corner of
Church and 18th; the show starts at 1:30 (for the music, 2 for the
show).

3. Sunday Streets July 7th 11am-4pm in Golden Gate Park/Great Hgy.  SF
Green Party tabling w/Ocean Edge at MLK/Lincoln & Great Hwy.  Join us
for a tour of the now lovely meadow where astro- turf soccer fields
may soon go. Volunteer to help: cc at sfgreens.org

4. Tuesday July 9th at 4 pm Urgent! Join City College teachers and
students to march from the downtown campus on 4th St. & Mission to the
Department of Education at 50 Beale St. near Mission in response to
the Accreditation ruling.  Fight back for Public Education. Demand DOE
investigate Accreditation Committee and revoke their authority.

5. Wednesday July 10th, 5 pm, Powell & Market Sts. SF Protest:No
more wars - U.S. out of the Middle East! White House's June 13th
announcement that it would begin directly supplying arms to
opposition in Syria is a dramatic escalation of U.S./NATO/Israeli
war. Thousands of U.S.troops/intelligence personnel are training
opposition forces and coordinating operations in Turkey and Jordan
http://www.sfanswer.org 415-821-6545

The Green Party of California is seeking independent contractors
for a variety of positions: fundraiser, organizer, and press
secretary. To get more details, or to apply, see their web page:
http://www.cagreens.org/

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/Volunteer Coordinator
(a part time independent contractor (1099) position):
http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted