[SFGP] Greenzine: Happy New Year!

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sat Jan 4 11:15:57 PST 2014

January 4

Happy New Year!

      This January and February, we have 8 weeks to gather signatures
from 10,000 voters in order for Green Party candidates for statewide
office to be allowed to appear on the June election ballot.

The Green Party candidates currently running for office (in SF) are:

    Luis Rodriquez for Governor
    Laura Wells for Controller
    Ellen Brown for Treasurer
    David Curtis for Secretary of State
    Barry Hermanson for Congress

If you can sign the petitions to help any of these candidates appear
on the ballot, or if you can help gather signatures from other voters,
please email us at cc at sfgreens.org, or call Barry Hermanson at
415-664-7754.

More info is on our website:
http://sfgreenparty.org/10-campaigns/59-help-greens-run-for-office-in-2014

EVENTS:

Meet Gayle McLaughlin, the Green Party Mayor of Richmond Mayor!
When:	   Monday, Jan 6, 6:30-9 pm
Where:	   Unite HERE 215 Golden Gate Av. near Leavenworth, Civic Center BART

Two term Richmond Mayor Gayle McLaughlin comes to Occupy SF to talk
about being a Green mayor in an oil town and her recent success with
using eminent domain on foreclosed home loans. Doors open at 6
pm. Call Sandra for more info: 650-303-1176.  Occupy SF has lots
going! Occupy Forum invites great speakers/films every Monday night
6-9 pm. check website www.occupysf.org

Monthly Green Party Meeting
When:	Wed, Jan 22, 7-9 pm
Where: 	To Be Announced

Save the date:  our regular monthly meetings will resume this month
on Jan 22 (the 4th Wed of every month)--check our website and future
email for the location and agenda.

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/Volunteer Coordinator
(a part time independent contractor (1099) position):
http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted