[SFGP] Greenzine: Hear 5 Green candidates speak, help us distribute Voter Guides

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sun May 25 18:33:46 PDT 2014

May 25

This Monday, May 26, from 6-9 pm: Hear Five Green Candidates speak at
the SF Occupy Forum!  "There Are Solutions" - presenting Luis
Rodriguez for Governor, Jena Goodman for Lt. Governor, Laura Wells for
Controller, Ellen Brown for Treasurer, and Barry Hermanson,
SF/District 12 candidate for US Congress.

LOCATION: 215 Golden Gate between Hyde & Leavenworth, San Francisco.

SF Greens have made the following endorsements for the June election:

SF:
    * No on A, a $400 million local bond measure that claims to fund
      fire and police stations, but is not actually required to
    * Yes on B, the right to vote on Waterfront development that
      exceeds the current height limits.
    * Congress, D12 - Barry Hermanson
    * State Assembly, D17 - David Campos
    * Superior Court Judge, Office 20 - Daniel Flores

Statewide:
    * Governor - Luis Rodriguez
    * Lt Governor - Jena Goodman
    * Controller - Laura Wells
    * Treasurer - Ellen Brown
    * Secretary of State - David Curtis
    * Yes on 41, a bond measure to fund supportive housing for
      veterans
    * Yes on 42, a requirement for local govenments to follow open
      meetings and public records laws

For more information on these campaigns and candidates, see:
http://sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/62-june-2014-endorsements

Our Voter Guide postcard is now posted on our website, and should
arrive in your mailbox (if registered Green in SF) this week.  Come to
our meeting this Wednesday if you can help us distribute additional
guides to voters.  Also, look for longer explanations of all the
issues on our website in a few days.  If you can donate to help us
cover mailing costs, click the "Donate" link on our website, or mail
us a check to: San Francisco Green Party, c/o David Fairley, 25 Fair
Oaks St, San Francisco, CA 94110

*===========================*

Wednesday, 5/28 - Monthly Meeting
Time:  7-9 pm
Where:  Redstone Building, 2940 16th Street #301, SF

Agenda for this month:

* Pass out Voter Guides for distribution between now and the
  June 3 election.

* Simon Timony is gathering signatures to run for Supervisor in
  District Eight.  He will be at the general membership meeting to
  introduce himself and talk about his new campaign.

* Brent Plater from the Wild Equity Institute will make a presentation
  about Natural Areas.

* We will also hear updates on tabling at the Haight Street Fair and
  Pride Celebration, & the Chelsea Manning contingent in the parade
  (we have endorsed and will join this contingent).

* Update on efforts to gather signatures to increase the minimum wage
  in SF.

* Mike Murphy will also give us an update on the signature drive to
  block the installation of artificial turf at the Beach Chalet Soccer
  Fields.

Our Meetings are now held in our new office space in the Redstone Building!

The San Francisco Green Film Festival is from May 29th - June
4th. http://sfgreenfilmfest.org/ An interesting note about the
festival: More than half the feature films at this month's San
Francisco Green Film Festival are directed by women!

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/Volunteer Coordinator
(a part time independent contractor (1099) position):

http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted