[SFGP] Greenzine: Happy Holidays!

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sat Dec 19 13:38:28 PST 2015

December 19

    Happy Holidays to all!

    Our mayoral candidate, Francisco Herrera, is working to recover a
couple thousand dollars for office rent and other costs.  At the same
time, his commitment to working class self-esteem and culture
continues to be a high priority as he organizes for a working
family-friendly City and region.

    After an impressive run, or "walk" for San Francisco Mayor,
Francisco finished as the runner-up.  You can help Francisco pay off
his campaign debt and support the Living Wage Coalition through the
purchase of his music, which also makes a perfect gift for the
holidays:

http://www.livingwage-sf.org/support-us-by-supporting-francisco-herrera/

*===========================*

    In the new year, we'll be planning for how we might build a SF
Progressive Alliance modeled on Richmond's.  Please encourage other
like-minded organizations and allies to join us in helping to
organize this coalition.

    In the last several elections, SF progressive groups have
squandered electoral opportunities by foolishly opposing each other in
cases like this year's College Board race, when discussions prior to
making endorsements might have cleared up misunderstandings.  Greens
think we need to follow the model of Richmond CA, in which Greens,
progressive Democrats, and other like-minded voters organized together
in a solid, long-term alliance well in advance of individual
elections.  The Richmond Progressive Alliance swept Chevron-backed
candidates in 2014 elections, despite being vastly outspent.

    Let's follow Richmond's model, so we have more successful elections
in 2016 and beyond.

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/Volunteer Coordinator
(a part time independent contractor (1099) position):

http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted