[SFGP] Greenzine: upcoming events and Francisco Herrera campaign updates

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Fri Jun 5 15:03:59 PDT 2015

June 5

    We have just a few more days to be sure Francisco Herrera's
Mayoral campaign makes the ballot.  Francisco must file all nomination
papers and pay a fee to have his name appear on the ballot by June
9th.  Donations to help with this fee may be made here:
https://francisco.nationbuilder.com/donate
    Or attend the house party this Sunday (see below).

    More news about his campaign is on our website:
http://sfgreenparty.org/10-campaigns/69-green-party-endorses-francisco-herrera-for-mayor

    We have a large number of events this June--see below for
details, and please check the "Events" calendar on our website for
additional updates:
http://sfgreenparty.org/events

    Many Greens have greatly enjoyed Eliana Lopez's play about
Ed Lee's witch hunt against her husband, Sheriff Mirkarimi.  Her play,
"What is the Scandal?" has been getting rave reviews and has been extended
for another weekend.  Here's one such review:
http://www.fogcityjournal.com/wordpress/6044/eliana-lopezs-voice-no-longer-silent-in-what-is-the-scandal/
Tickets and more info can be found on her website: http://www.elianalopez.net/

*===========================*

EVENT: Sunset Greens host House Party for Francisco Herrera
WHEN: Sun, June 7, 1pm
WHERE: 2467 28th Avenue (1/2 block from the L-Taraval stop)

Affordable housing for all is the first issue on Francisco's "8 Point
Program for the 99%". The leadership of the local Democratic Party
(the Democratic County Central Committee ) just voted to reject
restrictions on market rate housing for the 1% in the Mission.

We hope you will stop by. The campaign needs to hear from Greens about
the major issues of a Green campaign for Mayor. This event is a
fundraiser. Francisco must pay a fee of $5,706 on June 9th to have his
name appear on the November ballot. You don't have to donate anything
to the campaign to attend. But please bring a checkbook - just in case
you like what you hear.

Refreshments will be served. Please RSVP to: Mike Murphy -
mm_urizon at yahoo.com or Barry Hermanson - barry at hermansons.com -
415-255-9494

*===========================*

EVENT - Congress of the People
WHEN - Sat, June 6, 9 am - 6 pm
WHERE - Redstone Labor Temple, 2940 16th Street, San Francisco

The Green Party has endorsed and is helping to sponsor the Congress of
the People:

Social and Economic Justice for All Regardless of Race or Immigration
Status!

We will be having plenary sessions and workshops about:

* Living Wage Jobs
* Universal Health Care
* Affordable Housing
* Quality Public Education
* Progressive Taxation of Corporations and the Wealthy
* Sustainable Environment
* Peace and Self-Determination

And join us for discussion of the Democracy Charter, submitted by
Civil Rights veteran Jack Dell, additions to the Democracy Charter
from the 2010 Congress of the People, President Franklin
D. Foosevelt's proposed Second Bill of Rights and development of a
People's Platform.

*===========================*

EVENT: Voter Outreach at Haigh Asbury Street Fair
WHEN: Sun, June 14, 11 am - 6 pm
WHERE: Haight St, near Cole

Join us for voter outreach at the Haight St Festival! We need
volunteers to help spread the word about Francisco Herrera's Mayoral
campaign. We're in the usual location, on the south side of Haight
Street near Cole (our booth number is D13). Please email
cc at sfgreens.org if you can help. See
http://www.haightashburystreetfair.org/ for more info and a map.

*===========================*

EVENT: Voter Outreach at Haigh Asbury Street Fair
WHEN: Sun, June 14, 11 am - 4 pm
WHERE: Lincoln at Great Highway

Greens will be doing voter outreach at Sunday Streets, to help spread
the word about Francisco Herrera's Mayoral campaign. We'll set up a
table at Sunday Streets near the intersection of Lincoln and the Great
Highway. Please email cc at sfgreens.org if you can
help. http://www.sundaystreetssf.com/3045-2/

*===========================*

EVENT: US Social Forum and Green Party of California Plenary
WHEN: Jun 24-28
WHERE: San Jose

Greens from around the state will be participating in the US Social
Forum in San Jose, which also coincides with the Green Party of California's
plenary.  For more info, see http://www.ussfsanjose.com/

*===========================*

EVENT: Pride!
WHEN: Jun 26-27
WHERE: Civic Center

We'll have a booth both days at the Pride Celebration! We're looking
for volunteers to staff the booth in order to help register new Greens
and let people know about Francisco Herrera's Mayoral campaign If you
can help, please email cc at sfgreens.org. We have a slightly better
booth location this year, on Grove Street near Larkin.

On Sunday, June 28th, Greens will join Courage To Resist and the
Chelsea Manning Support Network (Free whistleblower PVT Chelsea
Manning) in the San Francisco Pride Parade!

You're invited to march for our heroic WikiLeaks whistle-blower
Chelsea Manning and show your support for Chelsea, whistle-blowers,
and government transparency.

* Be a contingent safety monitor (more info below)
* Help lead the Chelsea Manning parade contingent by holding our lead banner!
* Wave from the motorized cable car!
* Cheer on our Flash Mob Dancers!
* Help staff the Chelsea Manning booth at the TransMarch

In 2013, the Chelsea Manning contingent was awarded the highest honor,
"The Absolutely Fabulous Overall Contingent." That contingent was the
largest non-corporate group with well over 1,000 people! And last
year, Chelsea Manning was honored as an official Parade Grand Marshal!
With Chelsea's legal appeals beginning soon, she needs your support
more than ever!

Volunteers are urgently needed to attend a one hour contingent monitor
training prior to parade day. Contingent monitors walk (or ride) along
with us during the parade to double-check everyone is following the
parade rules and being safe. SF Pride requires each contingent to
provide their own monitors to participate, and we'll need about 20
monitors to participate.

Organized by the Chelsea Manning Support Network and Courage to
Resist, and endorsed by the SF Green Party.