[SFGP] Greenzine: Green Voter Guide, LWV mayoral forum, campaign events

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Thu Oct 8 09:03:34 PDT 2015

October 8

    Early voting has started at City Hall, and vote-by-mail
ballots have been sent out.  Our full Green Voter Guide
is now posted on our website:
http://sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/72-november-2015-endorsements

    We are sending a mailing with our endorsements to all Greens, and
printing more to hand out.  If you can help hand some out, please
email cc at sfgreens.org.  If you can donate to help pay for our slate
mailing, follow this link:
http://sfgreenparty.org/donate

    Events for our endorsed candidates and campaigns are listed
below.  The League of Women Voters will hold a panel tonight featuring
both Francisco Herrera and Amy Farah Weiss, our #1 and #2-endorsed
Mayoral candidates, as well as Ed Lee.  It's not a debate, but
we hope some tough questions will be asked.

*===========================*

What: League of Women Voters San Francisco Mayoral Forum
Where: UCSF, Genentech Hall, 600 16th Street, San Francisco
When: Thu, Oct 8th, 6:30 pm

The League of Women Voters is holding Mayoral candidate forum with
Ed Lee, Francisco Herrera, Amy Weiss, and 3 others!
https://www.facebook.com/events/1152339848113841/

*===========================*

What: Volunteer Opportunities for Francisco Herrera for Mayor
Where: Various locations, see below
When: Every Day

The activities listed below will be on-going for the following month.
Please RSVP to Alyse Ceirante <volunteerf4m at gmail.com> if you plan to
attend.  Francisco would really appreciate it if all his supporters
could turn out at least once:

Mondays
Castro Street MUNI Station
Castro at Market
Two shifts: 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. and
4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Meet at the Castro Street stairs to the station

Tuesdays
Van Ness MUNI Station
Van Ness at Market
12:00 noon - 1:30 p.m.
Meet in front of the donut shop

Castro Street MUNI Station
Castro at Market
4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Meet at the Castro Street stairs

Wednesdays
16th Street BART Station
16th at Mission
4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Meet in front of Walgreens

Thursdays
Van Ness MUNI Station
Market at Van Ness
12:00 noon - 1:30 p.m.
Meet in front of the donut shop

24th Street BART Station
24th at Mission
4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Meet at plaza

*===========================*

What: Let's Rock, party for Prop I
Where: Roccapulco Dance Club, 3140 Mission Street
When: Thu, Oct 8, 6 pm - midnight

LATIN LEGENDS ROCK for LA MiSSiON

The concert will feature an incredible line-up of talented legend artists
from the Mission District who have recorded and toured around the world.

The lineup includes:

  - Leo Rosales of Malo
  - John Calloway
  - John Santos
  - Marcus Lopez Mission Varrio Project
  - Dr. LOCO & DJ Bobby A

All the proceeds will go toward Prop I.

*===========================*

What: Mural Dedication Francisco Herrera for Mayor
Where: South Van Ness at 24th St
When: Sat, October 10, 10 am

We need 200 supporters to come to a mural dedication this Sat. Oct. 10
@ 10 am on S.Van Ness and 24th. They will also be celebrating the
campaign for Francisco Herrera. The press will likely be there so
Francisco would like a big turnout of supporters wearing Francisco 4
Mayor buttons.

*===========================*

What: Precinct walks for Wendy Aragon for College Board
Where: Various locations, see below
When: Sat and Sunday, Oct 10-11

Saturday - Richmond District Democratic Club's Walk for an Affordable San
Francisco: 10:00am to 2:00pm at Argonne Playground

Sunday - Japantown and Pacific Heights: 1805 Pine (at Gough) 11:00am
to 2:00pm

What: Francisco Herrera Bike Caravan at Sunday Streets
Where: Valencia between 16th and 17th Streets
When: Sun, October 18, 11 am - 4 pm

Plans are being made for a bike caravan at the last Sunday Streets on
Oct. 18 in the Mission. We will meet at the Green Table on Valencia St
between 16th and 17th.  Kids on bikes welcome and there will be
decorations for bikes available.

Meet at 16th and Valencia to get signs or decorate bikes.