[SFGP] Greenzine: campaign events for Herrera, Mirkarimi, Aragon

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Thu Oct 29 19:57:49 PDT 2015

October 29

    Our full Green Voter Guide is now posted on our website:
http://sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/72-november-2015-endorsements

    If you're a registered absentee voter, it's too late to vote by
mail, since your ballot needs to be received at City Hall by next
Tuesday.  Instead, you can drop off your vote-by-mail ballot (in the
signed envelope that it comes with) at any polling place on Election
Day, or at City Hall between now and next Tuesday.

    We'll send out one more newsletter on the morning of the election,
with updates on election night parties and post-election events.

*===========================*

What: Get Out The Vote for Francisco Herrera for Mayor!
Where: Excelsior, Haight, and Mission Districts
When: Friday and Saturday

This Friday, we'll be campaigning in the Excelsior District:

10:30-11:30 am, corner of Mission and Ocean Ave
12-1 pm, corner of Geneva and Mission
2:30-3:30 pm, corner of Geneva and Mission
5-6 pm, corner of Geneva and Mission

Then we'll be moving to the Haight on Friday evening:
6-7:30 pm Meet at the corner of Haight and Ashbury at 6 pm, for
a campaign walk down Haight St.

On Saturday, the campaign will be forming a caravan to drive and ride
bikes around the city to different locations to hand out postcards and
window signs.  If you don't mind plastering Francisco signs all over
your bike or car, please considering joining us for part or all of the
ride!  The caravan will start on Saturday at 1 pm at 24th & Mission
Streets, and go all over the City.

For more info on events Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, call Miguel,
Francisco's campaign manager, at (415) 240-1697.

*===========================*

What: Rally to Re-elect Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi
Where: 24th and Mission BART plaza
When: Saturday, 10 am - 12 noon

You are cordially invited to join Sheriff Mirkarimi and his wife
Eliana Lopez and the campaign to our last Saturday Rally before the
November 3rd Election.  We still have a lot of work to do to in order
to ensure the best Sheriff in the United States is reelected. Our
campaign remains so grateful and indebted to its wonderful
volunteers. This campaign is truly community driven and supported
throughout the Bay Area and California.

This election is for San Francisco. What we need to win:

1) Visibility and Voter contact at strategic locations throughout the
   city between 7-9 and 4-6 on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and
   Monday. Big thanks to those who have started volunteering and
   scheduling these shifts with us.

2) Precinct walkers are needed to distribute our next order of door
   hangers. Many thanks for those who have helped us deplete our stock
   so quickly. We must reach more voters to win.

3) Election Day:
A. we need precinct captains to watch the polling locations of our
   walked precincts.
B. we need volunterrs for visability activities throughout the city on
   Monday evening and election day.
C. we need precinct walkers for the morning of election day.Please contac
   the campaign to schedule your shifts: (415) 940-2467.

Remember, campaigns can be won or lost just by a few votes. So it is
important we do the best we can to reach as many voters as we can
before now and November 3rd at 8pm.

Re-Elect Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi
http://www.reelectrossforsheriff.com/

What: GOTV for Wendy Aragon for College Board
Where: various locations, see below
When: now through Tuesday

It's GOTV weekend and we need everyone's help to get out that last
minute push!  Some great ways to get involved all around the City are
listed on Wendy's website:

http://www.wendyaragon.com/all_in_gotv_push

For more info, contact Keenan Patterson, (415) 548-3585.