[SFGP] Greenzine: Green Party endorsements and volunteer opportunities

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sat Sep 12 13:59:28 PDT 2015

September 12

    We've made our endorsements for this November's election.
SF Green Party members will receive a postcard in the mail, and a full
Green Voter Guide will be posted on our website in coming weeks.

    Our endorsements are posted on our website, here:
http://sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/72-november-2015-endorsements

    See below for many upcoming volunteer opportunities to support
Green Party-endorsed candidates and initiatives!

*===========================*

What: Sunday Streets
When: Sunday, Sep 13, 11-4
Where: Fillmore between O'Farrell and Eddy

Barry Hermanson will set up a table for the SFGP this Sunday at Sunday
Streets in the Western Addition.  The 32nd annual Alamo Square Flea
Market will also be this Sunday.  For more info:
http://www.sundaystreetssf.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/091315_WesternAddition_Activity_Guide_Web1.pdf

If you want to come out and help, look for me on Fillmore between
O'Farrell and Eddy.  I will have campaign materials for Francisco
Herrera for Mayor and Prop I, the pause on luxury development in the
Mission.

The hours of Sunday Streets are from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.  Depending on
the size of the crowd, I may leave at 3:30.  Call me at 415-255-9494
if you are planning on stopping by.

*===========================*

What: Volunteer for Green Mayoral Candidate Francisco Herrera
When: All next week
Where: San Francisco

A request from volunteer coordinator Alyse Ceirante
<honorlabor at hotmail.com>:

Francisco needs you help now more than ever.  We are at a point in the
campaign where visibility is crucial!  We need to get out there and be
seen.  Please show your support for Francisco by being seen at the
following events:

Wednesday, September 16th, 12:00 noon
Please join Francisco at a press conference is holding to denounce the
racism propagated by Donald Trump.  We will meet at the Polk Street
stairs in front of City Hall at noon.

Thursday, September 17th, 12:00 noon - 1:00 pm
Francisco will join us at the Van Ness Avenue MUNI station as we
gather with signs and postcards at one of the busiest intersections in
the city.  Please meet us at noon in front of the donut shop on Van
Ness at Market.  We will provide signs and postcards.

Sunday, September 20th, any time between 10:00 am and noon
Join Francisco as he walks through the Potrero Hill Shopping Center at
16th and Bryant.  We will walk through the mall with signs and
postcards with the goal of getting as many distributed as we can.
Please meet us in front of the stairs to the park on 16th at
Bryant.  We will provide the signs and the postcards.

I cannot stress enough the importance of us getting out there in the
street.  It is up to us to make sure people start seeing Francisco's
name and message everywhere.  People can't vote for Francisco if they
don't know he exists, but they will vote for him once they know he
exists!