[SFGP] Greenzine: June endorsements and Peoples Campaign forum

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Mon Apr 11 09:16:20 PDT 2016

April 11

    Our full endorsements for June are now posted:
http://sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/74-june-2016-endorsements

A complete Green Voter Guide will be posted closer to the election,
giving all the reasons behind our endorsements.

Local candidates:
* Barry Hermanson for Congress, CD12
* Victor Hwang and Sigrid Irias for Judge (dual endorsement)

Local propositions:
* YES on A: bond for SF General Hospital
* NO on  B: Set-asides for corrupt Rec & Park department
* YES on  C: Charter Amendment for Affordable Housing
* YES on  D: Office of Citizen Complaints
* YES on  E: Paid Sick Leave

Other propositions:
* No position on AA: Parcel tax for Bay restoration (wetlands
  restoration is necessary, but this fund appears to be especially
  ripe for corruption)
* No position on 50: Legislative suspension process (well-motivated by
  Leeland Yee case, but process could be abused to apply to
  legislators who have not committed crimes)

Early endorsements for November:
* Francisco Herrera for Supervisor, District 11

*===========================*

How Green is your Supervisor?

Our report card for the SF Board of Supervisors in 2015 is now
posted. It shows the most important votes in 2015, from a Green Party
perspective, and whether each supervisor supported or opposed our
position.

http://sfgreenparty.org/issues/73-sf-supervisors-report-card-2015

*===========================*

The Peoples Campaign will meet this Tuesday to respond to the SFPD
murder of Jose Luis Gongora and Mayor Lee's callous response to the
events.

What: Peoples Campaign Meeting
Where: 2940 16th St @ Capp, Room 301
When: Dinner 6:30pm, Meeting 7pm - 9pm

This Tuesday, the People's Campaign will host a forum to discuss how
to respond to these recent events.  Please join us for a community
dinner at 6:30 p.m. followed by a meeting at 7 p.m. in room 301 at the
Redstone Building on 16th Street @ Capp.

http://www.peoplescampaign.net/april_12th_forum

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/Volunteer Coordinator
(a part time independent contractor (1099) position):

http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted