[SFGP] Greenzine: monthly meeting this Wednesday, many upcoming events

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Tue Apr 26 09:15:51 PDT 2016

April 26

    We hope to see you at our monthly meeting this Wednesday!
Details and agenda are below.

    In previous newsletters, we announced our June endorsements, and
also that we've made an early endorsement of Francisco Herrera for
D11 Supervisor in the November election:
http://sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/74-june-2016-endorsements

    This is a race that Francisco can win, provided he can get enough
donations to receive public financing!  Please donate today:
https://squareup.com/store/francisco4supe/

(When donating, please put your occupation, employer, and address
where you're registered to vote in the "note" field.)

    More info is on his Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/FranciscoHerreraforsupervisor/

*===========================*

What:  Justice for Luis Gongora - Mission Police Station Meeting
Where:  Mission Police Station, Valencia St near 17th Street
When:  Tuesday, April 26th from 6 - 9 pm

This is a monthly meeting that the Mission Police Station has with the
community.  Support the hunger strikers, and come ask the SFPD
questions about why they're killing SF residents!

Info: https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2016/04/11/18785159.php

*===========================*

What:  Green Party Monthly Meeting
Where:  Redstone Building, 2940 16th Street #301, San Francisco, CA
When:  Wed, April 27, from 7 - 9 pm

Agenda:
1) Election voter guide--finalize slate card and endorsement language,
   and discuss fundraising.
2) Plan pre-election voter outreach.
3) Select delegates and discuss agenda for Green Party of California
   plenary next month (see announcement below for May 14-15).

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome. To make a presentation or gain the SFGP
endorsement of events and issues, please contact our SFGP County
Council at: cc at sfgreens.org

Meetings are now held in our new office space in the Redstone
Building!  2940 16th Street #301, San Francisco, CA

*===========================*

What:  May Day march and Rally
Where:  ILWU Local 10 Union Hall, 400 North Point Street, SF
When:  Sunday, May 1, 11 am

For Economic and Social Justice for all Working People, join
ILWU for a May Day rally!

*===========================*

What:  Sunday Streets in Bay View/Dogpatch
Where:  at Sunday Streets, call for details
When:  Sunday, May 1, 11 am - 4 pm

Barry Hermanson and others will set up a table for the SFGP at Sunday
Streets, to distribute slate cards and do voter outreach.  Call Barry
at 415-255-9494 for details on the location if you are planning on
stopping by.

*===========================*

What:  OccupyForum on Waging Non-Violent Revolution through
  Constitutional Amendment, with David Cobb
Where:  Local 2, 215 Golden Gate near Leavenworth, Civic Center BART station
When:  Monday, May 2nd from 6 - 9 pm

Corporations do not merely exercise power, they rule over us. The wealthy
elite have stolen our sacred right to self-government, and the
illegitimate, court-created legal doctrines of "corporate constitutional
rights" and "money is political speech" legalize the theft.

All across the country ordinary folks are crying ENOUGH!!!! Come hear how
you can get involved in a concrete campaign to abolish these doctrines via
a constitutional amendment. *Move To Amend's* strategy incorporates art and
culture, grassroots organizing and educating, resolutions and initiatives,
and we are beginning to explore direct action strategies.

The session will be facilitated by *David Cobb*, a people's lawyer and an
engaged citizen. Cobb has sued corporate polluters, lobbied elected
officials, run for office himself, and been arrested for non-violent civil
disobedience. He ran for Attorney General of Texas pledging to use the
office to revoke the charters of corporations that violate health, safety
and environmental protection laws. In 2004 he was the Green Party nominee
for President of the US, and filed for the Ohio Recount that helped to
launch a movement for election integrity and against the use of electronic
voting machines.

*===========================*

What:  SF Living Wage Coalition Spring art and literature gala
Where: Redstone Building, 2940 16th Street, San Francisco, CA
When: Thursday, May 5, from 6 - 9 pm

The theme is rescuing Cinco de Mayo from its corporate
commercialization as "Drinko de Mayo." On May 5, 1862, a people's
militia fought invading French troops in the town of Puebla, Mexico,
defeating an army twice its size.  Napoleon was planning to intervene
in the U.S. Civil War on the side of the slavocracy. The intervention
of the French could have been a decisive factor leading to a
Confederate victory in the Civil War. After the battle of Gettysburg,
Union forces joined Mexicans in their efforts to drive out the French
monarchy and reinstall the democratically elected President Benito
Juarez. Today, more than ever, we need unity in a renewed struggle for
greater democracy, especially economic democracy.

* Art by Ronnie Goodman, Rene Yanez, Calixto Robles, Carina Lomeli,
  Doug Minkler, Art Hazelwood, Michael Roman, Romeo Osorio, Txutxo
  Perez, Ana Colomo, Ramon Deanda, Charles Blackwell, David Duckworth,
  Talleres Populares 28J, Sara Thustra, Rodger Scott, Nancy Reese,
  Debra Walker, Richard Bermack Music by Francisco Herrera, Mario,
  Elizabeth and Nancy Esteva, Marvin Flores, Diego Sardaneta

 * Poetry by Tony Robles

$5 admission, complimentary food and drinks

a benefit for the San Francisco Living Wage Coalition and Las Hormigas in
Ciudad Juarez

For more info, contact the San Francisco Living Wage Coalition,
(415) 863-1225, www.livingwage-sf.org

*===========================*

What:  Green Party of California General Assembly
Where:  Redstone Building, 2940 16th Street, San Francisco, CA
When:  May 14-15, all day

The next General Assembly and Gathering of the Green Party of
California will take place on Saturday/Sunday, May 14-15 in San
Francisco!

The draft agenda is here:
http://www.cagreens.org/ga/2016-05/agenda-draft-to-counties

The event will be held at the historic site of the San Francisco Labor
Temple, now known as the Redstone Building, 2926-2948 16th Street
between Mission and South Van Ness, San Francisco.

Registration is here:
https://cagreens.nationbuilder.com/reg_ga_may2016
and is $40 through April 27, $50 afterwards.

San Francisco can send 7 official delegates, as well as an unlimited
number of observers.  If you want to be a delegate, email us!  We'll
choose delegates at our monthly meeting on April 27.  You don't have
to be a delegate to register for the meeting.

There will be a special 'Green Gathering' session from 2:30pm to 6pm
on Saturday, with workshops/breakout sessions on issues and
organizing.  The content for that session is still being firmed up.
If there are special themes you want to see included, please let us
know at gpca at cagreens.org.

Please share this with other Greens in your county.  We hope to see
you in San Francisco!

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/Volunteer Coordinator
(a part time independent contractor (1099) position):

http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted