[SFGP] Greenzine: organizing for Jill Stein and Francisco Herrera

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sat Aug 13 11:03:03 PDT 2016

August 13

    Jill Stein was officially nominated as the Green Party candidate
for President, along with her running mate, human rights activist
Ajamu Baraka, at the Green Party national convention last weekend!

    For those who want to help the Green Party build locally,
Francisco Herrera is running for Supervisor in District 11.  Find out
more about his campaign, here: http://www.francisco4supe.org/

    We are planning a large rally to support both candidates, to be
held in mid-September.  Francisco is also looking for more people to
walk precincts and to phone bank.  If you can help organize, walk, or
call people, email us at cc at sfgreens.org.

    We'll continue making endorsements over the next two weeks, and
are planning a candidate forum / endorsement meeting in early
September.  Candidate questionnaires are being sent out this weekend.
All our endorsement meetings are open to the public.

*===========================*

What:  Voter Outreach at the SF Mime Troupe show
Where:  Glen Park, Bosworth & O'Shaughnessy, SF
When:  Saturday, August 13, 1 pm

The SF Mime Troupe (sfmt.org) is performing today in Glen Park.  The
show will start at 2 (with music at 1:30), but we'll get there early
to do voter outreach.  Greens will talk to voters about our Fall
campaigns, including Francisco Herrera's campaign for Supervisor in
D11!  If you can volunteer, please look for Francisco and campaign
volunteers there.

*===========================*

What:  Voter Outreach at Jerry Day
Where:  Jerry Garcia Amphitheater, McLaren Park
When:  Sunday, August 14, 11 am - 4 pm

Join us in McLaren Park in San Francisco on August 14 for the free
Jerry Day festival, honoring the Grateful Dead's Jerry Garcia in the
Excelsior District where he was raised.  Greens will register voters
and talk to people about our Fall campaigns, including Francisco
Herrera's campaign for Supervisor in D11!  If you can volunteer,
please email cc at sfgreens.org or look for our Green Party table
at the event.

*===========================*

What:  Green Party special endorsement meeting
Where:  El CafeTazo, 3087 16th St, near Valencia
When:  Wed, August 17, 7-9 pm

We've made the majority of our endorsements on propositions for
November, but we still have many more to go!  New members and
non-Greens are welcome to discuss and ask questions about the
propositions, and we'll decide on as many endorsements as we can.

*===========================*

What:  Green Party Monthly meeting, endorsements
Where:  Redstone Building, 2940 16th Street #301 (near South Van Ness)
When:  Wed, August 24, 7-9 pm

Agenda for this month, so far:

1) Discussion and endorsements of propositions and candidates for the
   November election
2) Campaign updates and volunteer opportunities

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome. To make a presentation or gain the SFGP
endorsement of events and issues, please contact our SFGP County
Council at: cc at sfgreens.org

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/Volunteer Coordinator
(a part time independent contractor (1099) position):

http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted