[SFGP] Greenzine: Endorsements, upcoming events for Jill Stein and Francisco Herrera

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Thu Aug 25 14:50:46 PDT 2016

August 25

    We've made endorsement decisions on all propositions on this
November's ballot.  Those are posted on our website, and we will
post a complete voter guide with longer explanations as the election
gets closer:
http://www.sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/75-november-2016-endorsements

    Some events for our endorsed candidates, including Jill Stein
and Francisco Herrera, are listed below.  Please volunteer!

    We've also sent out endorsement questionnaires to all candidates
for Supervisor, School Board, College Board, and BART Board.  If you
support a candidate for those offices and want them to receive the
Green endorsement, please contact them to ask them to return their
questionnaire by Aug 31.  We will post questionnaires on our website
and continue making enorsements next week and at a candidate forum on
September 6 (see below).  All our meetings are open to the public, and
new members are welcome!

*===========================*

What:  Meetup for Jill Stein supporters
Where:  Lost & Found Bar, Oakland (address below)
When:  Fri, Aug 26, 6 pm

Given the enthusiasm that our Town Hall Watch Party attracted, both in
the number of people who showed up and others who messaged the
organizer wanting more events, wanting to get involved, there is a
clear demand for getting active. As such, the purpose of this event is
twofold:

1) Organizing Locally, Nationally, Digitally & Analog for Jill Stein
   AND Local Candidates across the Bay, discussing ways in which we
   can help up the ballot & down!

2) A Social Mixer for Progressives to just kick back

It is posted on Jill's site and better details can be found here, on
the Sanders Supporters for Stein Meetup Page
<https://www.meetup.com/Bay4JillStein/events/233450367/>

Lost & Found is at 2040 Telegraph Ave in Oakland, near the 19th Street
BART station.

*===========================*

What:  Merchant Walk with Francisco Herrera
Where:  Meet at Excelsior Library, 4400 Mission St (near Excelsior)
When:  Sat, Aug 27, 12:30 pm

Francisco Herrera and volunteers for his campaign will be walking up
and down the Mission Street business corridor in the Excelsior,
putting up signs for his Supervisorial candidacy.

If you can help, meet at the Excelsior library between 12:30 and 1 pm;
the walk up and down Mission Street will begin promptly at 1 pm.

For more info about Francisco's campaign, or to donate "11 dollars
for Distrct 11" please visit his website:
http://www.francisco4supe.org/

*===========================*

What:  Green Party Candidate Forum and Endorsements
Where:  Mojo Theater, in Redstone Building, 2940 16th Street, 2nd floor
When:  Tues, September 6, 6-9 pm

We've sent out endorsement questionnaires to candidates for
Supervisor, School Board, College Board, and BART Board.  We invite
all candidates who return completed questionnaires on time to speak
and answer questions at our candidate forum and endorsement meeting
(scheduled for Tues, September 6 from 6-9 pm).

Our forum and endorsement meeting will take place in the Mojo Theater,
on the 2nd floor of the Redstone Building, located at 2940 16th Street
(between Mission and South Van Ness, 1 block from 16th St BART).
Completed questionnaires will be posted on our website,
http://sfgreenparty.org.

All our meetings are open to the public, and new members are welcome!

What:  Save the Date, Super-rally with Jill Stein and Francisco Herrera
When:  Monday, October 3

We are organizing a super rally with Jill Stein and local Green Party
candiates, featuring Francisco Herrera, our candidate for District 11
Supervisor.  Locations and times for events are still being finalized,
so please save the date!