[SFGP] Greenzine: monthly meeting this Wednesday, People's Campaign update

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Tue Feb 23 09:49:37 PST 2016

February 23

    Our monthly meeting will be this Wednesday evening, Feb 24, from
7-9 pm in Room 302 of the Redstone Building (2940 16th Street, near
South Van Ness).

Agenda items:

* Matthew Steen will present about the Save the Palace of Fine Arts
  Campaign, and ask for a Green Party endorsement of the campaign.
  Our Park and Rec Department may be considering putting a hotel on
  that site.

* Barry will make a brief presentation on the new Right to Rest
  Assembly Bill in Sacramento, and ask for a Green endorsement
  of that bill.

* Greens who have attended other local organizing efforts, including
  the People's Campaign (see meeting notice below) and VisionSF,
  will report back on these groups and tell others how they can
  get involved.

* Update on the Green Party of California: all 5 nationally recognized
  Green presidential candidates will now be bon the CA primary ballot!

* Organizing tabling and events coming up in the next few months.

* Announcements.

*===========================*

What: People's Campaign meeting
Where: Redstone Building #302, 2940 16th Street, San Francisco, CA
When: Sun, Feb 28, 6:30 pm - 9 pm

We have been exposed to weak, top-down government rule for decades
that has deeply disenfranchised the majority of San Franciscans.  The
People's Campaign is an effort to grow true local direct democracy
from the ground up, and many Greens have gotten involved.

Please join us for a free dinner at 6:30 p.m.  Our meeting will start
promptly at 7 p.m.  Donations will be graciously accepted to help
cover the cost of the food, but everyone is encouraged to join us for
the meal.

For more info or to RSVP, see:
http://www.peoplescampaign.net/

*===========================*

Run for the Green County Council!

The SFGP County Council is up for election in the primary this June.
Yes, members of our County Council, like all political parties, are
elected.  Women, people of color, LGBT persons, and people with
disabilities are strongly encouraged to run.

If you're interested in running, the deadline is March 11.  You can
pick up nomination papers at the Department of Elections in City Hall.
If you have questions or want more info, please email the current
County Council members at cc at sfgreens.org.

Here's a guide for candidates:
http://sfgov.org/elections/file/671

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/Volunteer Coordinator
(a part time independent contractor (1099) position):

http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted