[SFGP] Greenzine: July 4 voter outreach, and early Green endorsements

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sat Jul 2 18:12:07 PDT 2016

July 2

    This November's ballot is looking EXTREMELY crowded, so we've
already started making endorsements.  They're posted on our website:
http://sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/75-november-2016-endorsements

    Francisco Herrera, our candidate for District 11 Supervisor, needs
your help!  We are looking for a web designer who can volunteer to
help him build a new website.  Please contact us at cc at sfgreens.org
and we'll get you in touch with him.  Until the new website is in
place, you can find out more about Francisco, and send donations to
help his campaign, from his Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/Francisco-Herrera-for-District-11-Supervisor-1715255938687498/

*===========================*

What:  Voter Outreach at the SF Mime Troupe show
Where:  Dolores Park, SF
When:  Monday, July 4, 1:30-4 pm

The SF Mime Troupe (sfmt.org) is opening this year in Berkeley, but
will still be doing their traditional July 4 show at Dolores Park.
Greens will talk to voters about our Fall campaigns, and ask people to
sign postcards in favor of Single Payer Health Care.  We can't bring
our large Green Party banner this year because of threats from Mayor
Ed Lee's park rangers, but we will be there with smaller signs we can
carry.  If you can volunteer, please look for us there, or email
cc at sfgreens.org if you can help!

*===========================*

What:  Sign petition to create Commuter Shuttle Bus Hubs
When:  Now through Monday, July 4

As part of a negotiated settlement between the SFMTA and appellants of
the "permanent" Commuter Shuttle Program (it is only one year long), the
SFMTA agreed to explore hub alternatives to the current program in which
the SFMTA is not enforcing the California Vehicle Code 22500 [2], which
prohibits private carriers from operating in public bus stops.

As such, the SFMTA is now soliciting suggestions for hubs through this
url:  http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2840037/0ad1e266a120

As long as the tech shuttles are available, incentives will exist for
property owners to evict low- to moderate-income tenants, and low- to
moderate-income suburban sprawl will continue to be exacerbated.

We also need to preserve our public bus stop curb space for the
expansion of our own system -- as a means to fight climate change and
income inequality.

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/Volunteer Coordinator
(a part time independent contractor (1099) position):

http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted