[SFGP] Greenzine: housing and fair wages in December

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Tue Dec 5 10:55:20 PST 2017

December 5

    As we move into winter, there are a number of housing-related
events coming up.

    Please join us today at City Hall as we rally for real rent
control!

    Barry Hermanson, Green candidate for Congress, wrote an article
in the BayView newspaper about housing as a human right:
http://sfbayview.com/2017/12/housing-is-a-human-right/

    We're currently planning our Green Holiday Party in SF; email
cc at sfgreens.org if you can help.

*===========================*

What:  Fight for Real Rent Control
Where:  Front Steps SF City Hall, SF
When:  Tue, Dec 5, 11:30 am

The time for real Rent Control is Now!
Let's Repeal the Costa Hawkins Rental Law!
Join tenants and tenant advocates for a rally followed by march to the
State Building

Costa Hawkins is the main state law that incentives landlords to
harass and push out long-time tenants to spike the rents to rates most
of us can't afford.  AB 1506, the assembly bill calling for the repeal
of Costa Hawkins, is in the Assembly Housing Committee, chaired by
Assemblyman David Chiu.  We need a vote on AB-1506 to get it out of
committee and on to the full assembly.  Rally is Sponsored by the San
Francisco Anti-Displacement Coalition, Senior and Disability Action,
Tenants Together and other groups.

*===========================*

What:  Benefit concert for SF Living Wage Coalition
Where:  Redstone Labor Temple, 2940 16th St., #301 SF
When:  Fri, Dec 8, 7 pm

On Friday, December 8, at 7 p.m., Living Wage will be hosting a
benefit featuring guitarist and singer David Rovics.

Click here
(http://www.livingwage-sf.org/event/david-rovics-wages-immigrant-workers-and-the-wall/) to be directed to our website, where you can buy tickets for
$10. Be sure to click "going" on our Facebook event page
(https://www.facebook.com/events/143011362984898/) .

The proceeds for this event will go to:
* Training and organizing leaders that will strategically resist ICE in the
workplace
* Stopping and preventing ICE from detaining people
* Gaining freedom for those who have been detained

The urgency to act is high. Protect immigrants and join the movement
to change policies. With your help, we can fight for migrant justice.
Find out more
(http://www.livingwage-sf.org/event/david-rovics-wages-immigrant-workers-and-the-wall/)

What:  Alameda County Green Holiday Party
Where:  Niebyl-Proctor Library, 6501 Telegraph Ave at 65th in North Oakland
When:  Sunday, December 10th, 6:00 to 9:00 pm

East Bay supporters should be interested in this event:

Celebrate the Holiday Season with old friends and new.  We’ll have good
fun, yummy food, drink, and open dialogue at the 2017 Annual Potluck
Holiday Party!

Bring your choice of food or drink for the potluck table to share.

https://acgreens.wordpress.com/2017/12/04/youre-invited-green-party-holiday-party-sun-dec-10th-600-pm-900-pm/