[SFGP] Greenzine: upcoming actions and monthly meeting

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Thu Jan 19 11:10:39 PST 2017

Jan 19

    We are participating in several events happening throughout the
rest of this week.  Details are below.  We will have our regular
monthly meeting next Wed; the location and agenda are also below.

*===========================*

What:  Support Community-Sponsored Direct Action
When:  All this week, through Friday
Where:  Civic Center Plaza, directly in front of City Hall

On Monday, January 16, community members initiated 120 hours of Action
to Reclaim Martin Luther King Day.  Performances by indigenous
dancers, and music and spoken word by Francisco Herrera (SF Green
Party community activist and candidate for Mayor and SF Board of
Supervisors, District 11), Poet Laureate Jack Hirschman, OSK, and
Equipto, took place in Civic Center Plaza.

At dusk, tents were erected and the event's sponsors vowed to honor
the legacy of Martin Luther King by occupying the commons in the park
and directly in front of City Hall for 120 hours of peaceful protest.

Facing the possibility of arrest, incarceration, and loss of personal
property, and persevering through winter storms, participants in the
120 hours of Action have remained steadfast in their determination "to
bring attention to ending state-sanctioned murder and violence
perpetuated against Black, Brown and Poor people."  The Action was
organized by The Anti Police-Terror Project, a group of concerned and
committed institutions, organizations, and individuals.  One of the
Project's key members, Shelby Biazar stated that "District Attorney
George Gascon needs to indict the police officers responsible for the
death of Amilcar Lopez."

Lopez was a 21 year-old immigrant from Guatemala. He was killed by San
Francisco police officers on February 26, 2015.

Needed: your presence, hot coffee / hot chocolate, snacks.
Info: https://www.facebook.com/events/583654975156318/

*===========================*

What:  ANSWER Rally - Inaugurate the Resistance!
When:  Fri, Jan 20, starting at 5 pm
Where:  UN Plaza, SF

Inaugurate the Resistance on Day One of the Trump Administration!
Fri., Jan. 20, 5pm, UN Plaza, San Francisco
Volunteers & Donations Needed!

Join with hundreds of thousands of people in Washington DC and across
the country to say NO to the racist, bigoted and reactionary Trump
Program from Day One of his administration, Friday, Jan. 20.

Here in San Francisco, we will gather at 5 p.m. at UN Plaza, Market
St. between 7th and 8th Streets for a rally, followed by a march
through several neighborhoods of the city, including Castro, Mission
and Tenderloin. Rain or no rain, we will march!

Read the full call to action:
http://www.answercoalition.org/j20_sf?e=39785989371054ba5bd7a1a65e15c6f8

More info: www.ANSWERsf.org or 415-821-6545.

*===========================*

What:  Women's March
When:  Sat, Jan 21, 3-8 pm
Where:  Civic Center, SF

The Women's March is a national movement to unify and empower everyone
who stands for human rights, civil liberties, and social justice for
all. We stand together in solidarity for the protection of our rights,
our safety, our health, and our families -- recognizing that our
vibrant and diverse communities are the strength of our country.

The Women's March Bay Area is for any person, regardless of gender or
gender identity, who believes that women's rights are human rights.

Join Greens at the intersection of Larkin and Fulton (the one-block
stretch between the SF Main Library and the Asian Art Museum), on one
of the corners of Fulton or across the intersection in Civic Center
Plaza.  Look for triangular "Green Party" flags carried on bamboo
sticks.  We'll plan to gather near the "Single Payer Now" table.

There will be a rally at Civic Center plaza from 3-5 pm, followed by
a candlelight march down Market St. to Justin Herman Plaza, from 5-8 pm.
Please bring your own votive candles, since it might be windy and
regular candles are more likely to blow out.

More info is here:
https://womensmarchbayarea.org/san-francisco-march

*===========================*

What:  Green Party monthly meeting
Where:  Redstone Building, 2940 16th Street #301 (near South Van Ness)
When:  Wed, Jan 25, 7-9 pm

Agenda for this month:

1) Organizing - how can we grow the Green Party this year?  Discussion
of neighborhood forums, ideas for meetings and outreach, etc.  Bring
your ideas!

2) Supervisorial Report Card - we score the SF Board of Supervisors on
their votes in 2016.  Report cards for the last several years are posted
on our website, sfgreenparty.org.

3) State Green Party update - Eric Brooks will update us on upcoming
GPCA proposals that need input from our local members.

Every 4th Wednesday, the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome.  To make a presentation or gain the SFGP
endorsement of events and issues, please contact our SFGP County
Council at: cc at sfgreens.org