[SFGP] Greenzine: Green Party monthly meeting this Wednesday

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sat Mar 18 18:37:12 PDT 2017

March 18

    Our monthly meeting is this Wednesday.  The agenda is below.  Also
see below for a fundraiser for the Living Wage Coalition, this Tuesday.

What:  Green Party Monthly Meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) #201-1, SF
When:  Wed, March 22, 7-9 pm

Note the room change!  We're in room 201-1 this month, due to another
meeting being scheduled in our usual space.

Agenda:

* FairVote - plans to achieve RCV in California.  Possible speaker
  from FairVote.
* Open Source Elections.
* Prop 13 reform.  Possible speaker from Evolve.
* SB 562 - Proposal that the SFGP endorse SB 562 (universal healthcare
  for all Californians) and that we ask the GPCA to also endorse.
  Barry will make a brief presentation on the bill.
* Report back from the GPCA meeting in Bakersfield. Eric Brooks and Barry
* SFGP voter data update:  John-Marc
* Ground Water
* Parents can opt kids out of SFUSD testing - endorsement?  John-Marc

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome. To make a presentation or gain the SFGP
endorsement of events and issues, please contact our SFGP County
Council at: cc at sfgreens.org

*===========================*

What:  Concert for Juarez
Where: 2940 16th Street, San Francisco
When:  Tuesday, March 21, 7 pm

Maquiladora workers are rising in Ciudad Juarez. They are protesting $5 per
day wages and abusive working conditions. Their courageous actions are
presenting a direct challenge to the "free trade" regime that keeps people
in poverty in Mexico and the United States to increase the profits of
transnational corporations.

Live music: Francisco Herrera - Elizabeth, Nancy and Mario Esteva - Diego
Sardaneta - and special guests

Tickets - $10 pre-paid or $15 at the door, children under 12 free

Sponsored by the San Francisco Living Wage Coalition and Trabajo Cultural
Caminante

For more information, contact (415) 863-1225, sflivingwage at riseup.net,
www.livingwage-sf.org

*===========================*

California Democratic, Republican Voter Registrations Decline Sharply
Post-Election:

Californians who have registered to vote since the November election
are increasingly turning away from both the Democratic and Republican
parties. There's been "a 10-point drop for both Democratic and
Republican registrations," says Paul Mitchell, who tracks voter
activity for consulting firm Political Data, Inc. Ben Adler Capital
Public Radio.

More voters are registering Green, Libertarian, or "No Party Preference."

More info:
http://www.capradio.org/articles/2017/03/13/democratic,-republican-voter-registrations-decline-sharply/