[SFGP] Greenzine: meeting and post-holiday party Jan 24

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Fri Jan 19 11:47:28 PST 2018

January 19

    Please join us next week for our first meeting of the new year!
We will host a little post-holiday party, in conjunction with our
regular meeting where we will begin to consider endorsements for this
year's elections:

What:  Green post-Holiday Party and first Meeting of 2018
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) #301, SF
When:  Wed, Jan 24, starting at 7 pm

We'll start of the new year with a post-holiday party, in addition to
starting to consider endorsements.  We will provide both vegan and
non-vegan tamales, as well as some drinks.  You're welcome to bring
additional food and drinks to share!  There's no charge for the event,
or for the food/drinks that we and other people will bring.

Agenda:
  Introductions
  Food & Drink
  Discussion of SF Progressive Alliance
  Early Endorsements - ballot propositions on eviction defense
    and tasers
  Legislative Report Card for 2017 Supervisors
  Announcements

We don't plan to make endorsements for Mayor or Supervisor until we
have had a chance to get answers to our candidate questionnaires and
hold a public forum with all candidates who answer.  We hope to
co-host a forum with other progressive groups from the SFPA, either
in February or early March.

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome.  All meetings are wheelchair accessible.
To make a presentation or gain the SFGP endorsement of events and
issues, please contact our SFGP County Council at: cc at sfgreens.org

*===========================*

What:  Green Senate candidate looking for a volunteer to be Treasurer
Where:  Anywhere
When:  ASAP

Cal Songmaker (aka as Michael Zeising), has begun his Green Party
campaign for U.S. Senate, against Dianne Feinstein!  His Facebook page
is here: https://www.facebook.com/ziesingforsenate/.  However, he
urgently needs one or more people to help out with Treasurer work, so
if you might possibly be able to help, please contact Greg Jan
(gregjan4 at yahoo.com) right away!  You don't need to have any previous
experience, and if you can balance a checkbook, and are a reasonably
quick learner, then you can be a huge help to the Green Party -- so
we'll be able to directly challenge Feinstein and the status-quo
Democrats!

(Note that SF Greens have not endorsed any statewide candidates yet,
but we are forwarding this message in order to help this campaign get
started.)

*===========================*

What:  Women's March 2018
Where:  SF Civic Center
When:  Sat, Jan 20, 11:30 am - 3:30 pm

Women’s March is a female-led movement providing intersectional
education on a range of issues and creating entry points for new
grassroots activists & organizers to engage with/in their local
communities through trainings, outreach programs and events.  The
focus on voter education, voter outreach, and voter empowerment are
encompassed in the actions’ theme, “Hear Our Vote!”

https://womensmarchbayarea.org/updates/2017/11/8/womens-march-bay-area-plans-actions-for-saturday-january-20th-2018

*===========================*

What:  Fossil Fuel Divestment Vote
Where:  SFERS office, 1145 Market Street, 6th Floor, SF
When:  Wed, Jan 24, 1 pm

Greens have endorsed full divestment of San Francisco's funds
from banks and other institutions that invest in oil pipelines.
We want real divestment, not just talk!  Under Mayor Lee,
the SF Employees' Retirement System board kept postponing a vote
on the matter.  This time, it may finally happen.  Please show
up in support!

The Retirement Board will conduct a special meeting to hear the fossil
fuel divestment calendar item.  The meeting will be held at 1:00 pm on
January 24, 2018, at the Retirement System Office: 1145 Market Street,
6th Floor, San Francisco.

https://mysfers.org/important-notice-regarding-fossil-fuel-divestment-item-on-the-retirement-boards-meeting-agenda/

What:  March for the Mission
Where:  Mission St at 20th St, SF
When:  Thurs, Jan 25, noon - 3 pm

This is an important march against evictions in the Mission.
It was originally scheduled for last year, but postponed due
to the passing of Mayor Lee:

https://occupysf.net/index.php/event/march-save-mission-street/