[SFGP] Greenzine: Events and endorsements

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sat Aug 10 09:22:46 PDT 2019

August 10

mastodon.sfgreens.org/@sfgreenparty

    We've started making endorsements for the November election!  At
our July meeting, we reached consensus to oppose both the Uber/Lyft
tax (a corporate payoff to our elected officials), and the
JUUL-sponsored rewrite of vaping regulations.

    At our meeting this August, we'll consider more ballot measures,
and also candidates for Mayor and D5 Supervisor.  We'll finish the
rest at a special endorsement meeting in early September.  This
schedule gives candidates time to answer our questionnaires, and
ensures that any last minute candidates get adequate consideration.

    Please join us this Sunday for voter outreach at the Mime
Troupe show--details below:

*===========================*

What: Voter outreach at Mime Troupe SF
Where: Glen Park, Elk Street & Chenery, SF
When: Sun, Aug 11, 1 pm

Help us register new Greens and find people willing to help win
Medicare for All.  We'll be at the Mime Troupe's show in Glen Park,
Aug 11, email if you can help out cc at sfgreens.org.

We'll set up our table and do voter outreach starting at 1 pm.
The show starts at 2 pm (with music at 1:30).  We'll table some more
after the show.

*===========================*

What:  SF Green Party Monthly Meeting (and endorsements)
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) #301, SF
When:  Wed, August 28, 7-9 pm

The agenda details will be set the week before.  However, we expect
to consider endorsements for both Mayor and D5 Supervisor at this
meeting, as well as additional ballot measures.

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome.  All meetings are wheelchair accessible.
To make a presentation or gain the SFGP endorsement of events and
issues, please contact our SFGP County Council at: cc at sfgreens.org