[SFGP] Greenzine: No War on Venezuela tomorrow, important meetings next Wed

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Fri Feb 22 20:51:10 PST 2019

February 22

mastodon.sfgreens.org/@sfgreenparty

    Join us tomorrow, Feb 23, at noon for a "No War on
Venezuela" rally at Oscar Grant Plaza in Oakland.  See details
below.

    Our monthly meeting is next Wed, but come early for a
rally and fundraiser to save our office space, the historic
Redstone building!  Details on both events are below.

    If you are a KPFA member, see below for our endorsements for
the KPFA Board elections, ongoing for the rest of this month.

    Finally, the New Republic has a story on Green Party
presidential candidates.  It's a somewhat negative, but still
informative article:
https://newrepublic.com/article/153127/democrats-stole-green-partys-best-idea

    The SF Green Party does not plan to endorse any presidential
candidates prior to our primary next year, in order to keep a level
playing field.  But we welcome a discussion with any of them on how
they plan to use their campaign to build a stronger Green Party in the
United States!

*===========================*

What:  Bay Area No War on Venezuela Rally
Where:  Oscar Grant Plaza, 14th & Broadway, Oakland
When:  Sat, Feb 23, noon - 3 pm

This Saturday is Hands off Venezuela day across the world.  The US is
orchestrating a coup in Venezuela that is likely to lead to bloodshed
— even civil war.  Join CODEPINK this Saturday as we stand with the
world to say: No War on Venezuela!

*===========================*

What:  Redstone Labor Temple fundraiser
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness), SF
When:  Wed, Feb 27, 6 - 9 pm

The same evening and location as our monthly meeting, come early to
find out about how to save our office location, the historic Redstone
building!

On Wed, the 104th anniversary of the opening of the Redstone,
organizers are hosting a rally and community event at the building.
Free admission, and food and cake will be provided.

See this article in 48 Hills for more details:
https://48hills.org/2019/02/save-redstone-building/https://48hills.org/2019/02/save-redstone-building/

*===========================*

What:  Green Party Monthly Meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg #301 (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness), SF
When:  Wed, Feb 27, 7 - 9 pm

Agenda:

5 min - Intros

20 min - Green New Deal - what should it look like in SF?  Mandelman
asked to submit a resolution to SFBOS on climate crisis; rally on Tues
to support it.

20-30 min - Green Presidential Candidates - how do they plan to use
their campaign to help build the Green Party in the US?  Open call for
candidates to come discuss it with us.  We are not endorsing before
the primary, in order to have an equal playing field.

15 min - Medicare for All "lack of progress" update.  There is no bill
in Sacramento this year.  Organizers strategy to reach out to new
organizations, also do "card check" of members of existing
organizations - pledge to support.  Can we try this to activate more
Green Party members?

5 min - Labor Council pro-Julian Assange resolution update.

5 min - Public Banking update - Board of Supervisors unanimously
passed on taking any meaningful action to move forward in SF.

5 min - Public Power update

10 min - Planning outreach - mobile, not tabling - in March
March 10 Sunday Streets Mission
March 30 Pro-Palestine march
March 31 Sunday Streets Excelsior
March 31 Anti-war march in Oakland
Any others?

10 min - Wiener watch - update on new bills to rezone the whole City

5 min - Announcements

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome.  All meetings are wheelchair accessible.
To make a presentation or gain the SFGP endorsement of events and
issues, please contact our SFGP County Council at: cc at sfgreens.org

*===========================*

What:  Vote for Greens in KPFA Board Elections
Where:  Online, for KPFA members
When:  Now through March 5

Three Bay Area Green Party members are running for KPFA's "Local
Station Board" election which begins this week!

They are: Don Macleay, James McFadden, and Daniel Borgstrom.

In addition, Noni Session (who has attended a number of Oakland Greens
meetings, and who served as moderator for the Green Party of Alameda
County's January 13 "Green Sunday" program), is also a candidate.

The SF Green Party has endorsed this entire slate, as have several
other Green Party chapters.  In addition, they have been endorsed by
Cindy Sheehan, Michael Parenti, Peter Phillips, Laura Wells, Jack
Heyman, Larry Shoup, Gar Smith, Andres Soto, Joy Moore, Mickey Huff,
and many others.  The local group "Rescue Pacifica" is keeping track
of endorsements, and also has the candidates' statements on their
website (along with other election info), here:
https://rescuepacifica.net/

Look for recent email with voting instructions from the Pacifica
Foundation (sent by simplyvoting.com) if you are a KPFA member.