[SFGP] Greenzine: Happy May Day! Join us for a Presidential debate on 5/5.

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Fri May 1 11:24:40 PDT 2020

May Day

instagram.com/sfgreenparty
mastodon.sfgreens.org/@sfgreenparty

    Happy May Day!

    Although the pandemic has prevented outdoor demonstrations, join
Greens around the country in solidarity with workers from Amazon,
Instacart, Whole Foods, Target, and other "gig economy" jobs in a
boycott of those companies:
  https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/n7j8zw/amazon-whole-foods-instacart-workers-organize-a-historic-mass-strike

    Next Tuesday, SF Green Party activist Mike Murphy will co-host a
historic Presidential debate, featuring six candidates for the Green
Party's Presidential nomination, along with Jesse Ventura.  The debate
is in honor of the 63rd National Teachers' Day, so Mike and other
Greens who work as teachers will be hosting and asking the questions!

    The debate will be held on May 5 at 3 pm PST, live at:
facebook.com/GreenBallot

    California Greens have already voted, but our Presidential
primary is still being contested!

*===========================*

What:  Organizing for a Rent/Mortgage moratorium
When:  Now
Where:  Online

At the end of March, Greens organized online to join the calls for a
rent and mortgage moratorium.  Two months of rent have come due since
that time, and Governor Newsom has still failed to act.

Read our statement here:
http://sfgreenparty.org/issues/93-greens-call-for-rent-mortgage-moratorium

*===========================*

What:  SF Green Party Organizing
When:  All the time
Where:  Online

Until the pandemic is under control, we will not be holding in-person
meetings.  Government will need to implement a widespread testing and
contact tracing program in order to safely open things up.

Unfortunately, a number of our active members do not have reliable
internet access (especially with our public libraries closed), so
holding general monthly meetings over Zoom is not an option.  Instead,
we have an email list for discussions between active members, and our
county council (CC) meets by Zoom on the 3rd Wednesdays of every
month.

If you'd like to join our conversation online, or our CC meetings,
please email cc at sfgreens.org with your name and contact info, and also
please remind us if you've been to a meeting before.  If you are
unable to join us but still want to follow what's going on, you can
call Barry Hermanson at 415-255-9494.