[SFGP] Final Endorsements for November; voter guides coming next week

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Thu Oct 1 19:01:06 PDT 2020

October 1, 2020

instagram.com/sfgreenparty
mastodon.sfgreens.org/@sfgreenparty

    We're grateful for the surge in interest in the Green Party
following the first "Presidential debate" this week.  Our candidate
for President, Howie Hawkins, called it a train wreck, and responded
on video here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnXMVGda9mg

    Although most US news outlets refuse to cover the Green Party,
other than to write hit pieces, some international reporters have
written about Democrats' attempts to suppress the Green vote:
  https://www.greenleft.org.au/content/united-states-democrats-move-suppress-green-party-vote

    SF Greens have finished making our endorsements, and we're in the
process of writing up our voter guide with detailed explanations.
Here's a quick summary of the people and ballot measures we support:
  http://sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/95-november-2020-endorsements

    Early voting starts next Monday in a tent in front of the Bill
Graham Civic Auditorium, 99 Grove Street, near City Hall.  If you're
voting early, please take a look at our recommendations.  We're
mailing our slate cards early next week to coincide with ballots, so
please donate to help with this effort:
  http://sfgreenparty.org/donate

    Also, please support your local Bay Area Green Party candidates!
Jake Tonkel (https://jake4d6.com/, running for Supervisor in San Jose)
and Aidan Hill (https://hill.nationbuilder.com/, running for Mayor of
Berkeley) are both great candidates who have been endorsed by their
local Green Parties.

*===========================*

What:  Day of Action - AFRICOM
When:  Thurs, Oct 1
Where:  Online

Greens from the Black Alliance for Peace, including our former
Vice Presidential candidate Ajamu Baraka, are trying to educate
the public on AFRICOM and extensive US military bases in Africa.

October 1, 2020 is the 12th anniversary of the launch of the
US Africa Command (AFRICOM), a command structure with bases that are
now in dozens of African nations.  Yet, the existence of AFRICOM has
escaped the awareness of not only the general public in the United
States and the world.  When four US soldiers were killed in the small
African nation of Niger, even members of the US Congress were
unaware of the US military's presence in the country and the extent
of the US military presence throughout Africa.

More info:
https://blackallianceforpeace.com/dayofactiononafricom

*===========================*

What:  Literature drops for Aliya Chisti for College Board
When:  Sat, Oct 3, and Sun, Oct 4
Where:  Aptos Park and Holly Park, see below

Greens have endorsed Aliya Chisti for College Board, along with Anita
Martinez and Geramye Teeter.  Some literature drop events for the
Chisti campaign are below:

   - *Saturday, 10/3, 10am-2pm at Aptos Park* (147 Aptos Ave, San
   Francisco, CA 94127)
   - *Sunday, 10/4, 10am-2pm at Holly Park *(625 Holly Park Circle, San
   Francisco, CA 94110)

Greens can sign up to volunteer at https://bit.ly/aliya2020volunteer

*===========================*

What:  SF Green Party Organizing
When:  All the time
Where:  Online

Until the pandemic is under control, we will not be holding in-person
meetings.  Government will need to implement a widespread testing and
contact tracing program in order to safely open things up.

Unfortunately, a number of our active members do not have reliable
internet access (especially with our public libraries closed), so
holding general monthly meetings over Zoom is not an option.  Instead,
we have an email list for discussions between active members, and our
county council (CC) meets by Zoom on the 3rd Wednesdays of every
month.

If you'd like to join our conversation online, or our CC meetings,
please email cc at sfgreens.org with your name and contact info, and also
please remind us if you've been to a meeting before.  If you are
unable to join us but still want to follow what's going on, you can
call Barry Hermanson at 415-255-9494.