[SFGP] Greenzine - Early Voting Information, Rosa Clemente special event tonight

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sun Oct 25 12:08:37 PDT 2020

October 25, 2020

instagram.com/sfgreenparty
mastodon.sfgreens.org/@sfgreenparty

    Our complete Green Voter Guide to the November 2020 election,
which explains all our endorsements, is up on our website:
  https://sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/95-november-2020-endorsements

    We've also mailed out Green Voter Guide slate cards, so please
donate if you can help with this effort:
  https://sfgreenparty.org/donate

    Early in-person voting has started at the Bill Graham Civic
Auditorium, 99 Grove Street, near City Hall.  Everybody registered to
vote should also have gotten a mail-in ballot, but if you didn't, you
can still register in person at the early voting site.  Please take a
look at our recommendations, then vote as soon as you can.  If you
don't want to mail your ballot, you can also drop it off in person at
the early voting site.

    Please support your local Bay Area Green Party candidates!  Jake
Tonkel (https://jake4d6.com/, running for Supervisor in San Jose) and
Aidan Hill (https://hill.nationbuilder.com/, running for Mayor of
Berkeley) are both great candidates who have been endorsed by their
local Green Parties.

    Tonight at 6 pm, the Oakland Greens are hosting an online
discussion with out 2008 Vice Presidential candidate, Rosa Clemente!
Please see details below.

    This week, our Presidential candidate Howie Hawkins responded to
the second and final Presidential debate:
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRRaRxFtG40

    And in case you missed it, our Vice-Presidential candidate Angela
Walker previously did an extended interview with our own Green county
council member Mike Murphy:
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq1SqJZkb5s

    Finally, we're planning an outdoor, socially distanced watch
party for election night.  Look for details in our next newsletter.

*===========================*

What:  Rosa Clemente - When An Afro-Latina Woman Ran For Vice-President
  And Nobody Knew Her Name, presented by the Oakland Greens
When:  Sunday, October 25, 2020, at 6 p.m
Where: Online, https://www.eventbrite.com/e/oakland-greens-present-an-evening-with-rosa-clemente-tickets-117812844389

The time is now and, in fact, long passed for the people to really
take control over the systems that affect them.  Our current political
system excludes any voices that would challenge the status quo.  In
2008 the Green Party of the "Un-United States" nominated such a
powerful ticket headed by McKinney/Clemente and still received no love
from even the so-called progressive media.  Rosa Clemente will join us
over ZOOM for their presentation entitled “When An Afro-Latina Woman
Ran For Vice-President And Nobody Knew Her Name” on Sunday, October
25, 2020, at 6 p.m. with a Q & A to follow.

The Oakland Greens are excited about this event and have worked for
some time to be able to host this dynamic speaker, educator, and
activist to discuss why “Nobody Knew her Name” with questions and
answers on where we go from here.

For me it’s not only about holding the President, the House of
Representatives, or the United States Senate accountable.  Holding
public officials accountable is important, but building a multiracial
social justice movement is a necessity for our very existence.
 – Rosa Clemente

To join us, get a free ticket (donations are also welcome) here:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/oakland-greens-present-an-evening-with-rosa-clemente-tickets-117812844389  or:  https://tinyurl.com/yxug8s8e

*===========================*

What:  SF Green Party Organizing
When:  All the time
Where:  Online

Until the pandemic is under control, we will not be holding in-person
meetings.  Government will need to implement a widespread testing and
contact tracing program in order to safely open things up.

Unfortunately, a number of our active members do not have reliable
internet access (especially with our public libraries closed), so
holding general monthly meetings over Zoom is not an option.  Instead,
we have an email list for discussions between active members, and our
county council (CC) meets by Zoom on the 3rd Wednesdays of every
month.

If you'd like to join our conversation online, or our CC meetings,
please email cc at sfgreens.org with your name and contact info, and also
please remind us if you've been to a meeting before.  If you are
unable to join us but still want to follow what's going on, you can
call Barry Hermanson at 415-255-9494.