[SFGP] Greenzine - join us for more Prop endorsements, Wed Aug 24

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Mon Aug 22 08:54:41 PDT 2022

August 22, 2022

instagram.com/sfgreenparty
mastodon.sfgreens.org/@sfgreenparty

    We've started making endorsements for the November election!
At our July meeting, we made endorsements on all the statewide
propositions.  These are posted on our website:
  http://sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/102-november-2022-endorsements

    Please join us this Wed, August 24, at our monthly members'
meeting.  This month, we'll finish making endorsements of local ballot
measures, and make last minute edits to our candidate questionnaires.
After our meeting, we will email candidate questionnaires for
Supervisor, Board of Education, College Board, BART Board, Public
Defender, and District Attorney to all candidates we have contact info
for.  Candidates who return our questionnaires by Saturday, Sep 3,
will be invited to our candidate forum and endorsement meeting on
Wed, September 7.

Our agenda for this Wednesday is below:

What:  Green Party Monthly meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) #301, SF
When:  Wed, August 24, 7-9 pm

* Introductions

* Endorsements of Local Ballot Measures; read them here:
  https://sfelections.sfgov.org/measures

* Finalize candidate questionnaires

* Announcements

Mask policy: Masks are currently optional indoors, for both vaccinated
and non-vaccinated people.  We provide the option for SF Green Party
members to participate in our meetings via Zoom, so email
cc at sfgreens.org for info on how you can join us virtually.

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome.  All meetings are wheelchair accessible.
To make a presentation or gain the SFGP endorsement of events and
issues, please contact our SFGP County Council at: cc at sfgreens.org

*===========================*

What:  Mothers for Peace - Stop Diablo Canyon
Where:  Online - email Senators
When:  Before Aug 31

Take Immediate Action to STOP the extended operation of Diablo Canyon!

Newsom's latest capricious bill exempts environmental review and costs
us $1.4 Billion!

Governor Newsom has now introduced another bill to allow for the
continued operation of Diablo Canyon by a vague "five or ten
years."  The draft of this bill includes shortcuts and sweeping
exemptions from environmental review from State permitting agencies.

This bill also promises to "loan" PG&E up to $1.4 billion to cover
costs of extending Diablo Canyon’s operating life - with all of the
loan potentially "forgivable."  It agrees to pay PG&E $7 per every
megawatt-hour of power generated which would mean an annual subsidy
exceeding $120 million.

For more info, see this alert from Mothers for Peace:
https://mailchi.mp/3bb5656d6ead/urgent-action-request

What:  Save the Date - Candidate forum and endorsement meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness), SF
When:  Wed, September 7, evening

The SF Green Party will invite all candidates who return completed
questionnaires on time to speak and answer questions at our candidate
forum and endorsement meeting (tentatively scheduled for Wed, Sep 7
from 6:30 - 9 pm).  Please note the earlier start time.  We hope to
finish all candidate interviews by around 8, then decide on
endorsements.