[SFGP Action] Public Power - Activists Needed

Charles Kalish chkalish at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jul 28 02:53:32 PDT 2005

SF Public Power Meeting - Next Wednesday

The San Francisco Board of Supervisors will vote in as little as one
month on a Community Choice Energy project that could end PG&E's
electricity monopoly in San Francisco and give us our own community
controlled renewable energy network.
This network would provide San Francisco with up to a third or more of
its energy from solar, wind, and other renewables by 2009, and that's
just the beginning!

But PG&E will not take such a big cut to its profits lying down, and if
we are going to win this vote, we need to get organized and we need your
help and input!

Come To The Community Choice Energy Campaign Kick Off - Next Wednesday

WHO: Join fellow activists with the SF Green Party, Greenpeace, Sierra
Club, Our City, Women's Energy Matters, Local Power and many others...

WHAT: Grassroots Campaign Strategizing To Win The Day For A Renewable
Energy Future!

WHERE: Sierra Club organizing offices, 85 2nd St. (Between Market &
Mission near Montgomery Bart) - 3rd Floor - Yosemite Room

WHEN: Wednesday, August 3, at 7pm

WHAT ELSE: Forward this email, and bring friends and allies!

RSVPs Welcome: If you plan to attend, feel free to send a quick email
to: HYPERLINK "mailto:eric at our-city.org"eric at our-city.org or call
415-756-8844

For Background Information On This Effort

Go to the Our City campaign pages at:

HYPERLINK
"http://our-city.org/campaigns/index.html"http://our-city.org/campaigns/
index.html

Thanks!

Eric Brooks

Member - SF Green Party Energy Working Group

Campaign Coordinator - Our City
HYPERLINK "http://our-city.org"http://our-city.org