[SFGP Action] Saturday, January 21: Stand Up for Reproductive Justice!

ErikaSF at aol.com ErikaSF at aol.com
Wed Jan 18 18:52:36 PST 2006

The Green Party says "No Interference" with women's reproductive lives!

Women's Rights Are Human Rights!

The Anti-Abortionists are coming to San Francisco on

Saturday, January 21, the 33rd Anniversary of Roe v. Wade -

Help Organize a Defense of Women's Lives!

On January 21, 2006, the second annual "Walk for Life" will again be marching
in the streets of San Francisco on the anniversary of Roe v. Wade. This group
wants to strip women of their rights to a safe legal abortion and drive women
back into the home. The two organizers, Dolores Meehan and Eva Muntean, also
organized a protest against same-sex marriage in the San Francisco.

The "Walk for Life" last year was met by thousands of people who came out to
show that San Franciscans support a woman's right to choose what to do with
her own body. We want to build on this response and need your help.

Where will you be?
Bear witness to your past. Honor the women and men who fought to stop women
from dying in back alleys from botched abortions and from being forcibly
sterilized.

Let's spread our message that "no interference" with a woman's right to
choose will be tolerated.

Demonstrate.  Resist.  Keep Abortion Legal.  Defend Reproductive Rights.

Take to the streets to put a stop to the attacks on women and girls. Show the
government and an emboldened religious right that women, the lesbian, gay,
bisexual and transgender community, workers, people of color, immigrants and the
disabled should be treated with respect. We are the majority - our rights and
needs should be prioritized and expanded. With the appointment of John
Roberts to the Supreme Court and the nomination of anti-abortionist Sam Alito, the
stakes are raised to keep the gains won through the Civil Rights and feminist
movements.

We will never go back.

In this year alone, the Bay Area has been attacked by the rightwing
fundamentalists numerous times. Three clinics and one doctor have been harassed and the
right believes that they have a base of support in our area. Let's show them
otherwise. We need to defend ourselves.

Join us to say that we will not tolerate interference with a woman's control
over her own body.

Women have no intention of being reduced to incubators. Without their
fundamental rights women are reduced to slave status. The days of the coathangers are
over. People of all genders want affordable health care, childcare, jobs, a
living wage and peace. Our unity on January 21 will send a message to
reactionaries in San Francisco and throughout the nation that abortion rights - and all
human rights - are here to stay. You can make a difference!

Join the Green Party on Saturday, January 21 as we help line the Embarcadero
along the march route of "Walk for Life".  Assemble at 11am at Pier #1,
Embarcadero and Market Streets, San Francisco.

For more information about this demonstration, visit www.bacorr.org or
contact the Bay Area Coalition for Our Reproductive Rights (BACORR) at
bacorrinfo at riseup.net or 415-864-1278.

To read more about the Green Party's position of "No Interference" with
reproductive rights, see our press release
http://www.sfgreenparty.org/news/newsitem-start.gem?idx=1436.