[SFGP Action] Party tonight with Jello Biafra, Ross Mirkarimi...

ErikaSF at aol.com ErikaSF at aol.com
Thu Jan 26 16:49:11 PST 2006

Tonight is the night, after two months of preparation, "A Green Party for
Peace" is going to be a fantastic event!

Start the Year to End The War with Green Party activists and friends as we
celebrate 2006 in style, a fundraising party to support our efforts on behalf
of social justice, the environment, animal welfare, and peace.

This will be the festive, energizing blast we need to make this the year we
Bring The Troops Home and End The War!
Enjoy live music, spoken word, theater, dance, film and inspirational speakers
including:

Ross Mirkarimi, Green Party Supervisor
Jello Biafra, owner, Alternative Tentacles, former head of the Dead Kennedys
Aimee Allison, Oakland City Council candidate, Conscientious Objector
Kevin Danaher, co-founder of Global Exchange
Jane Kim, Youth Ed. Dir. @ Chinatown Community Development Center, former
School Board candidate
John Rizzo, Chair, SF Bay Chapter of the Sierra Club
Mark Sanchez, School Board Commissioner
Ahimsa Sumchai, Bayview Community Advocate

Performers:
Garrin Benfield (Zacksongs Music)
DJ Andres Octavio (Tafatafa Sound, SF)
DJ Space Invader (mk2 / futuretrybe, SF/Brooklyn)
DJ Daneekah (Ruff Enuff, SF/Melbourne)
Dance Brigade, socio-political issue-oriented dance theater
Leopold and His Fiction, indierock pop duo
Terry Baum, Playwright, actor, former Congressional candidate
Tommi Avicolli Mecca, writer, performer & queer activist
La Vache Enragee, live trio/film
Meghan Baker, folk singer/songwriter
Rose Eger, acoustic blues guitarist
Don Eichelberger, singer/guitarist, Co-Chair, GPCA Energy Working Group

http://sfgreenparty.org/events/events-itemfromhome.gem?idx=1437

Studio Z 314 11th St @ Folsom
Thursday, Jan. 26!
8PM-2AM