[SFGP] Greenzine: meet Jill Stein next week, many other upcoming events

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Fri May 27 20:33:05 PDT 2016

May 27

    Our complete Voter Guide is now posted, containing our endorsements
and analysis of contests on the June 7 ballot:
http://sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/74-june-2016-endorsements
Please share with your friends!

    Jill Stein, our 2012 Green Party Presidential nominee, and one of
five Green Presidential candidates on our June ballot, will be
visiting SF next weekend.  Barry Hermanson, who's running for
Congress, needs your help THIS weekend!

    Lots of other Green events are coming up in the next week--all
details are given below!

*===========================*

What:  Jill Stein events in SF
Where:  various locations, see below
When:  Fri-Sat, June 3-4

Jill Stein will be at these three events next Fri-Sat:

* Help Campaign for Green Candidates on Saturday, June 4, 1-3 pm:

  Come out to meet and support Green candidates Jill Stein, Barry
  Hermanson (running for Congress), and Francisco Herrera (running for
  District 11 Supervisor).  We'll meet at 1 pm in front of the
  Excelsior Branch of the SF Public Library (4400 Mission St, SF,
  about 4 blocks from Ocean Ave) and walk around the neighborhood for
  a few hours carrying signs for our candidates and handing out our
  Voter Guides and other literature.

* Wine Reception and Fundraiser "Meet & Greet", Friday June 3, 7:30-10:30 pm:

  Barry Hermanson, a fellow Green who is running for Congress and
  hopes to face off with Nancy Pelosi this fall, has volunteered his
  lovely home in the Sunset District (2467 28th Avenue, SF, near
  Taraval) for a reception and fundraiser.  Please RSVP to Lea Pierce,
  National Fundraising Director, at lea at jill2016.com

  Stein supporters can meet the candidate and introduce new people to
  Jill and her Green New Deal platform. Bring friends and your
  checkbook or credit card!  Donations of any amount are welcomed, and
  will be matched 1:1 by federal matching funds, up to the first $250
  per person.

  VOLUNTEERS REQUESTED: If you can help with set-up on June 3 from 4 -
  7:30 pm (at least an hour committment), please email
  lea at jill2016.com.  I need a couple of strong people who can handle
  cases of wine and equipment.

* ISO event: Jill Stein Challenges the 2 Party System, Sat June 4, 6:30-10 pm:

  Come hear from Jill Stein speak about building a movement to put
  people, planet and peace over profit.  Dr. Stein is committed to
  continuing the political revolution to Election Day and beyond, so
  no matter who you're supporting in the primary, join us to hear
  Jill's plan to win power for the people!  Where: Women's Building
  (3543 18th St, SF, b/t Dearborn St & Lapidge St).  Full details:
  https://www.facebook.com/events/1745724779042508/?active_tab=highlights

*===========================*

What:  Hermanson For Congress campaign at Carnaval
Where:  meet in front of Redstone Building
  (2940 16th St, SF, near South Van Ness Ave)
When:  Saturday and Sunday, May 28-29, 10 am

Barry Hermanson needs help doing voter outreach at Carnaval.  Please
meet him at 10 am on either Saturday or Sunday in front of the
Redstone Building.  Afterwards, he'll be campaigning throughout the
neighborhood near the festival.  If you can't find Barry, give him a
call at 415-255-9494.

*===========================*

What:  Roots Action events with David Swanson in the Bay Area
Where:  various cities, see below
When:  Saturday and Sunday, May 28-29

RootsAction.org campaign coordinator David Swanson will speak about the
latest developments in the telling and the debunking of lies about wars.
He'll answer questions and sign copies of his new book, War Is A Lie:
Second Edition [ http://warisalie.org ].

May 28, San Francisco, CA
11 a.m. to 1 p.m., David Swanson interviewed by Daniel Ellsberg, at San
Francisco Main Public Library, 100 Larkin Street.
Sign up on FB [ https://www.facebook.com/events/528469023987809/ ].

May 28, Marin County, CA
4 to 6 p.m., David Swanson in conversation with Norman Solomon, at Book
Passage [ http://www.bookpassage.com/event/david-swanson-war-lie-corte-madera ]
51 Tamal Vista Blvd., Corte Madera, CA
Sign up on FB [ https://www.facebook.com/events/1040117986031804/ ].

May 29, Oakland, CA
3 to 4 p.m., David Swanson interviewed by Cindy Sheehan, at Diesel: A
Bookstore, 5433 College Avenue at Kales (near Manila), Oakland, CA
Sign up on FB [ https://www.facebook.com/events/990248081022747 ].

May 29, Berkeley, CA
7:00 to 9 p.m., David Swanson "War Is A Lie", with Cindy Sheehan, at
Berkeley Fellowship of Unitarian Universalists, sponsored by the BFUU
Social Justice Committee and Codepink Golden Gate. 1924 Cedar St. @
Bonita, Berkeley, CA Contact: Cynthia Papermaster, papermasterc at gmail.com
Sign up on FB [ https://www.facebook.com/events/417481865128383/ ].

*===========================*

What:  Peace Is Patriotic annual protest
Where:  Golden Gate national Cemetery in San Bruno,
  at the main gate on Sneath Lane just off 280.
When: Mon, May 30, 10 am - noon

Show your patriotism this Memorial Day on Mon. May 30th from 10 am to
noon...at the Peace is Patriotic annual protest at the military Golden
Gate national Cemetery in San Bruno....at the main gate on Sneath Lane
just off 280.  If driving from SF just come south on 280 and take the
Sneath lane exit...can't miss the 160,000 graves.

San Bruno BART is on Sneath just 4 blocks east of the Main cemetery
Gate.  If that is too far for you to walk, consider just standing with
signs/flowers/banners on the corner of Sneath Lane and El Camino Real
next to the cemetery.  We will be honoring the life and work of Father
Daniel Berrigan who died this month in NY.  He and brother Phillip
were life long anti-war activist and ended up in jail a number of
times....once for burning boxes of draft records....another time for
walking right on to an airforce base and hammering on a bomber.  Call
Sandra for more info: 650-303-1176

*===========================*

What: Tasers for SFPD?  "Killing Them Safely" theatrical premiere
Where:  Roxie Theater, 3117 16th St, SF (near Mission)
When:  Tues, May 31, 6:30 pm

Killing Them Safely, an explosive 2015 documentary film on the
controversy over police use of TASERS.

Hundreds of deaths.  Zero oversight.  In the early 2000s Tasers were
marketed to law enforcement agencies as a safe alternative to
handguns.  They were supposed to curb the use of deadly force - so why
have over 500 people died from Taser-related injuries since?

Following the screening discussion with:
    NICK BERARDINI, Filmmaker
    JEFF ADACHI, San Francisco Public Defender

About the film and its implications for the upcoming decision of the
San Francisco Police Commission to possibly start outfitting San
Francisco Police Department officers with Tasers.

Tickets:
http://www.roxie.com/ai1ec_event/killing-them-safely/
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1616445155343535/

*===========================*

What:  Jobs for Justice House Party
Where:  Barry Hermanson's house, 2467 28th Avenue, SF, near Taraval
When:  Saturday, June 11, 1-3 pm

Join Barry Hermanson, Gordon Mar, Peter Olney, Maureen Dugan, Sheila
Tully, Conny Ford, Ken Tray and Erica Zweig, as they celebrate their
work with Jobs with Justice SF, an alliance of labor and community
organizations working together to build a strong movement for economic
and social justice.

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/Volunteer Coordinator
(a part time independent contractor (1099) position):

http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted