[SFGP] Greenzine - last day to vote in KPFA elections

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Fri Oct 15 08:59:32 PDT 2021

October 15, 2021

instagram.com/sfgreenparty
mastodon.sfgreens.org/@sfgreenparty

    If you're a KPFA member, today is the last day to vote in
local station board elections.  You can vote for several Green Party
members, but be sure to get your vote in by 9 pm tonight.  Our
endorsements are below.

    Also, the SF Bayview just published Barry Hermanson's article,
"Paying for universal health care":
  https://sfbayview.com/2021/10/paying-for-universal-health-care/

*===========================*

What:  KPFA election
Where:  online
When:  ballots were sent by email 8/16, vote 9 pm on 10/15

If you're a KPFA member, please be sure to vote for the Rescue
Pacifica candidates in the Local Station Board (LSB) election.  It
will be conducted using ranked choice voting.  We have endorsed the
nine Rescue Pacifica candidates, as listed below.  (More info about
Rescue Pacifica is here: https://rescuepacifica.net/ ).

This year's election is vital to preserve democracy at KPFA and
Pacifica!  Individuals involved with the opposing faction worked to
gut the powers of the LSB and they've filed lawsuits to try to take
control of KPFA and the Pacifica network.  Please use your democratic
voting rights to maintain and strengthen the LSB by voting for the
Rescue Pacifica candidates as your top nine choices!

Please vote for all nine of the following candidates as your top
choices (in any order):

Rich Stone *
Daniel Borgstrom *
Don Macleay *
James McFadden *
Adisa Armand
Donna Carter
Pete Farruggio
Amber Jayanti
Elizabeth Milos

* = Registered Greens; note that Rich Stone is a County Council member
here in San Francisco.

Thank you for standing up for democracy and supporting progressive,
independent radio!

*===========================*

What:  Save the Date - Green Party Monthly meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) #301, SF
When:  Wed, Oct 27, 7-9 pm

Save the date; the agenda will be set at the CC meeting one week
before, on Oct 20.

Mask protocol: TBA.  We also provide the option for SF Green Party
members to participate in our meetings via Zoom, so email
cc at sfgreens.org for info on how you can join us virtually.

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome.  All meetings are wheelchair accessible.
To make a presentation or gain the SFGP endorsement of events and
issues, please contact our SFGP County Council at: cc at sfgreens.org