[SFGP] Greenzine: Zinn Book Fair, Matt Gonzalez for Mayor Reunion in 1 week

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sat Dec 2 17:54:44 PST 2023

December 2, 2023

instagram.com/sfgreenparty
mastodon.sfgreens.org/@sfgreenparty

    We're just one week away from the Matt Gonzalez for Mayor Reunion
on December 9.  Please forward to anybody who was involved in the
campaign, or who might want to come - everybody is invited, not just
volunteers from 20 years ago!

    We hope to see you there, and at the Howard Zinn Book Fair this
Sunday - details on both events follow.

    The San Francisco Green Party is proud to announce what is certain
to be the event of the year:  the 20 Year Reunion of the Historic 2003
Matt Gonzalez for Mayor of San Francisco Campaign!

  http://www.sfgreenparty.org/10-campaigns/103-matt-for-mayor-20th-anniversary-reunion

    Reminisce with us about shared moments and amazing memories.
Re-connect with old friends.  Discover recent efforts of staff and
volunteers from back in 2003.

    Organized as a social event, the idea started with a volunteer
coming by our booth at the Haight Street Fair in early September.
Matt Gonzalez agreed to participate.  A volunteer reserved the epic
111 Minna Gallery as our venue, which we all remember from the
headline-grabbing 2003 campaign challenging now-Governor Gavin Newsom.

* Saturday, December 9, 2023
* 111 Minna Gallery at 111 Minnna Street, (Minna is a half street between
  Mission and Howard Streets and Second Street and New Montgomery Streets)
* 8 pm until 11 pm
* Special Appearance by Matt Gonzalez!
* No-Host bar
* 21+

    111 Minna is accessible via mass transit: BART Montgomery Station,
in addition to various MUNI lines.

    We ask for a $10-20 donation (sliding scale) to cover our costs;
however, nobody will be turned away for lack of funds.

    Please email cc at sfgreens.org with any questions or suggestions.

    We are mailing a postcard to all current Greens to let them know
about the event; if you can help contribute to mailing costs, please
donate on our website: http://sfgreenparty.org/donate

*===========================*

What:  Howard Zinn Book Fair
Where:  CCSF Mission Center, 1125 Valencia Street
When:  Sun, Dec 3, 10 am - 6 pm

The Howard Zinn Book Fair returns as an in-person event, the first
since 2019!  The theme is “Against Amnesia,” and will host sessions in
the struggle against the attacks on people’s history: far-right
projects such as book bans, so-called “anti-woke” campaigns, “don’t
say gay” legislation, and the dismantling of Ethnic Studies.  These
attacks serve to build a historical and political amnesia as our
opponents work to warp our sense of the past and sabotage our ability
to imagine a future of collective liberation.

Visit https://www.zinnbookfair.org/ for more information.

*===========================*

What:  Antiwar Events
Where:  Everywhere
When:  Follow social media for details

Greens have been active in several pro-Palestinian
protests in the Bay Area.  These are usually organized on short
notice, so please follow our Twitter feed for updates.  The national
Green Party has issued a statement in response to the latest wave of
violence:
  https://www.gp.org/green_party_condemns_attacks_on_civilians

Dr. Jill Stein also announced she is running to be the Presidential
nominee of the Green Party.  Although we have not endorsed any candidate
before our members weigh in in the March primary, Dr. Stein released
a strong anti-war statement:
  https://twitter.com/DrJillStein/status/1722664968288383305

What:  Run for Green County Council
Where:  Department of Elections, City Hall
When:  Now through Dec 8

Are you interested in helping to lead the SF Green Party?  Any SF
Green can run for our County Council by picking up nomination papers
from the Department of Elections in City Hall.  This election isn't
until March 2024, but you only have until this Dec 8 to turn in your
paperwork with 20 signatures from registered Greens.  To qualify,
you must have been registered Green for at least 1 year.