[SFGP] Greenzine: Matt Gonzalez for Mayor Reunion tonight, Sierra Club endorsements

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sat Dec 9 11:08:11 PST 2023

December 9, 2023

instagram.com/sfgreenparty
mastodon.sfgreens.org/@sfgreenparty

    We hope to see everyone tonight at what is certain to be the event
of the year: the 20 Year Reunion of the Historic 2003 Matt Gonzalez
for Mayor of San Francisco Campaign!

  https://www.sfgreenparty.org/10-campaigns/103-matt-for-mayor-20th-anniversary-reunion

    Reminisce with us about shared moments and amazing memories.
Re-connect with old friends.  Discover recent efforts of staff and
volunteers from back in 2003.

    Organized as a social event, the idea started with a volunteer
coming by our booth at the Haight Street Fair in early September.
Matt Gonzalez agreed to participate.  A volunteer reserved the epic
111 Minna Gallery as our venue, which we all remember from the
headline-grabbing 2003 campaign challenging now-Governor Gavin Newsom.

* Saturday, December 9, 2023
* 111 Minna Gallery at 111 Minnna Street, (Minna is a half street between
  Mission and Howard Streets and Second Street and New Montgomery Streets)
* 8 pm until 11 pm
* Special Appearance by Matt Gonzalez!
* No-Host bar
* 21+

    111 Minna is accessible via mass transit: BART Montgomery Station,
in addition to various MUNI lines.

    We ask for a $10-20 donation (sliding scale) to cover our costs;
however, nobody will be turned away for lack of funds.

    Please email cc at sfgreens.org with any questions or suggestions.

    We mailed a postcard to all current Greens to let them know
about the event; if you can help contribute to mailing costs, please
donate on our website: https://sfgreenparty.org/donate

NEWS:

    Local Green Party member Ann Garrison interviewed Green Presidential
Candidate Jill Stein for Black Agenda Report:
  https://blackagendareport.com/news/1781/33/Dr.-Jill-Stein-A-Ballot-Challenge-to-the-Crimes-of-Empire

*===========================*

What:  Sierra Club elections
Where:  online, https://www.sierraclub.org/sfbay/chapter-elections
When:  now through Dec 13

If you are a Sierra Club member, please make sure to vote in the
election by Wednesday, December 13.  The SF Green Party has endorsed a
slate recommended by Eric Brooks, one of the local candidates and also
one of our active members:

Vote by Wed Dec 13 to restore tenant, neighborhood & environmental
protections:

On your *San Francisco Group* Sierra Club ballot, vote **only** for
these 3 candidates: Becky Evans - Howard Wong - Eric Brooks

on your *SF Bay Chapter* Sierra Club ballot, vote for:
Becky Evans - Kelly Hammargren - Paul Seger - Bob Venning - Chance Cutrano

Vote by Wednesday, December 13 at the following link:
https://www.sierraclub.org/sfbay/chapter-elections

Important: to vote you'll need your Sierra Club member #, and to have
joined as a member on or before October 31, 2023.

For help voting or finding your member # contact member services at:
member.care at sierraclub.org or (415) 977-5653

*===========================*

What:  Virtual Meet and Greet with Sean Dougherty
Where:  Zoom, RSVP at https://bit.ly/SeanForPeace19
When:  Sun, Dec 10, 1:30 pm

Please join Santa Clara Greens for a Virtual Meet and Greet on Sunday,
Dec. 10 at 1:30 pm PT to discuss Peace, Justice, and Climate Action
with Green congressional candidate for CA-19, Sean Dougherty.

Hosted by the Green Party of Santa Clara County (SCCGreens.org) who have
endorsed Sean Dougherty for CD-19.

*===========================*

What:  Antiwar Events
Where:  Everywhere
When:  Follow social media for details

Greens have been active in several pro-Palestinian
protests in the Bay Area.  These are usually organized on short
notice, so please follow our Twitter feed for updates.  The national
Green Party has issued a statement in response to the latest wave of
violence:
  https://www.gp.org/green_party_condemns_attacks_on_civilians

Dr. Jill Stein also announced she is running to be the Presidential
nominee of the Green Party.  Although we have not endorsed any candidate
before our members weigh in in the March primary, Dr. Stein released
a strong anti-war statement:
  https://twitter.com/DrJillStein/status/1722664968288383305