[SFGP] Greenzine - anti-war rally Sun, members' meeting on Wed

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sat Feb 18 19:46:17 PST 2023

February 18, 2023

instagram.com/sfgreenparty
mastodon.sfgreens.org/@sfgreenparty

    Join us this Sun, Feb 19, for an anti-war rally at noon at
Embarcadero Plaza.  Full details below.  The agenda for our members'
meeting this coming Wednesday is also posted below.

*===========================*

What:  Rage Against the War Machine march and rally
Where:  Embarcadero Plaza, SF
When:  Sunday, Feb 19, noon

Laura Wells writes:  Big peace rallies are starting up again!
Hoping lots of people will find a way to BE THERE in San Francisco at
noon on February 19, and to encourage others.  For rallies around the
nation, see: https://rageagainstwar.com/rallies/

People often ask: Do rallies and marches do any good?  I believe that
people standing together for what we want is always worthwhile, and
besides, it’s a good way to see people we know, almost like having a
party and not having to prepare in advance or clean up after.  Also,
it’s open air which is great these days.

For people coming from the East Bay: meet at the MacArthur BART
station at 11:15 am to go thru the gate promptly at 11:30.  We will sit
in the last car so that if you get on at a different station you may
still be able to hook up with us because you'll know where to find us.
RSVP to laurawells510 at gmail.com if you might be there!

*===========================*

What:  Green Party monthly members' meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) #301, SF
When:  Wed, Feb 22, 7-9 pm

Agenda:

* Introductions

* Report-back on state legislation.  Single Payer Healthcare is being
  reintroduced again, and other legislation may be of interest - Barry

* Update to our "platform summary" card - new English version, and a
  Spanish translation.  Draft cards will be available for corrections
  and suggestions - John-Marc

* Sunday streets schedule - tabling planning for Summer (HASF, Earth
  Day, etc)

* Mayoral campaign (and others) cooperation with Peace and Freedom
  Party.  Report back from Barry / Rich.

* KPFA report-back from Rich.

* We'll also get more feedback from members on our plan to contact
  inactive Greens through precinct walking.

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome.  All meetings are wheelchair accessible.
To make a presentation or gain the SFGP endorsement of events and
issues, please contact our SFGP County Council at: cc at sfgreens.org

Mask policy: Masks are currently optional indoors, for both vaccinated
and non-vaccinated people.  We provide the option for SF Green Party
members and invited candidates to participate in our meetings via
Zoom, so email cc at sfgreens.org for info on how you can join us
virtually.