[GPCA-SGA-Votes] Strategy

Christopher Carlson chris at bestofbroadway.org
Fri Feb 2 16:14:44 PST 2018

Hello, SGA.

In a number of days, you will be called upon to cast a couple of votes.
Because these votes matter, I hope everyone knows

1. What measures, specifically, will be voted upon.
2. When exactly the vote will be taking place.

If these cannot be provided 10 days before the vote occurs,
I would like for them to be provided 7 days before the vote occurs.
Or 5 days before the vote occurs.

I would like to see the ballot language explicitly stated as it will appear
on the ballot.
Specifically because it will effectively terminate three statewide
campaigns, and our
votes will either approve or oppose this action at this time.

Because voting is imminent, I want to be clear that the state deadlines for
candidates
to qualify for the ballot have not yet passed. Feb 7, Feb 14th, March 9th,
and March 29th.

At each of these junctures, any of the viable candidates can be eliminated
by process.
While I do not oppose an SGA vote on this issue, it comes between the Green
Candidates and
thousands of Green Voters who are unaffiliated with the central party
councils, process, and