[GPCA-SGA-Votes] Discuss ID 147: GPCA endorsement for Secretary of State

Anthony Krzywicki chefkrzywicki at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 10:08:30 PST 2018

I dont understand why you wouldnt want to endorse someone on the primary...
the party is creating political suicide by not having an endorsed
candidate.  This coversation makes no sense.  We need one candidate to get
behind or its pointless.  We need to win the primary not just run
candidates all over the place.  At this juncture timing is off and we need
to do this earlier in the future elections.

On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 9:59 AM Mimi Newton <mimi.newton at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks June! This is very helpful information and may serve to defuse some
> of the arguments on a number of “endorsement” related SGA Voting threads -
> it also means that we, as Greens, can decide for ourselves where we might
> want to endorse more than one candidate for an election or even endorse
> just one candidate where more than one is running (as in your Neo-Nazi
> Green example below).  Lotsa choice here, folks!
>
> Go Greens!
>
> Mimi Newton
> Marin Greens
>
> On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 3:27 AM June Brashares <june.brashares at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> If several racist nazis somehow decided to run as Greens, we could use
>> this process to withhold endorsements, or even "Oppose" those candidates.
>>
>> Giving a candidate an endorsement allows the GPCA to promote endorsed
>> candidates on the website etc....
>>
>> Since any citizen can go and register and run as a Green whether or not
>> they agree with the Green 10 key values, it's good there's a way to
>> identify all the candidates that should be promoted by the GPCA.
>>
>> On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 12:24 AM, Gloria Purcell <
>> gloria at extragalactic.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I absolutely agree with Chris.  Selecting one is a horrible idea.
>>> Divisive, political suicide.
>>> We can use an endorsement as an acknowledgment of both candidates’
>>> legitimacy in the eyes of the Party, if people want to go that way. That
>>> way if we are horrified by a candidate, we can withhold an endorsement to
>>> indicate that.   I personally prefer a Bylaw prohibiting endorsements of
>>> candidates for any Primary.  Simple.
>>> Gloria

>>> candidates in Sacramento, I advise endorsing both candidates for Secretary
>>> of State.

>>> focus on their platforms and not attack one another. This weakens both
>>> candidates before the primary election. The aggressor may experience
>>> blowback for "going low" and inflicts libel upon their opponent.

>>> might generate enough interest in the Secretary of State race for CA voters
>>> to put two greens in the general election. They are running against
>>> unknowns and the scrutinised Alex Padilla.

>>> guitar on the campaign trail, we will see each candidate earn at least 2%
>>> apiece.

>>> voting against the bylaw interpretation that justifies the contest.

>>> Wells, Eric Brooks, Mike Goldbeck

>>> officially qualify to be on the California June 2018 Primary Ballot.

>>> http://www.sjcgreens.org/sga_vote_statewide_races

Anthony J. Krzywicki,

*Co-coordinator GROW- Green Party CaliforniaCo-coordinator Ventura County
Green Party County Council*
www.venturacountygreenparty.com
greenpartyvc at gmail.com
instagram: greenpartyvcc
facebook group: Ventura Green Party
facebook group: Ventura County Green Party

*It is necessary to help others, not only in our prayers, but in our daily
lives. If we find we cannot help others, the least we can do is to desist
from harming them. *
-Dali Lama