[GPCA-SGA-Votes] Discuss ID 147: GPCA endorsement for Secretary of State

Nicole Castor nmcastorsilva at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 10:40:28 PST 2018

Greens,

Re: June,

"I have good news for you.  This process does allow SGA voters the option
to endorse *every* Green statewide candidate that qualifies for the CA June
Primary Ballot."

This is a better option than before, and I, for one, appreciate the effort.

However, the process is still being implimented too late, and will still
reflect the will of a few select GPCA members over the general population
of CA Greens.

There is still no standard measure set to determine to SGA voters who the
"best" candidate(s) is/are. Without a standard, we are basing these
decisions on sentiment, and the successful campaigning of the SGA alone,
which undermines our Key Values of Grassroots Democracy and
Decentralization (by highlighting the result of a campaign to a centralized
group of voters).

It's too late to proceed with this process in a democratic way which stays
true to our TKV's and I will vote NO on the proposal for endorsement &
"endorse all" for the candidates portion, so thank you for adding that
option and for listening to Chris Carlson's concerns on this.

-N