[GPCA-SGA-Votes] Discuss ID 145: GPCA endorsement for Governor

Thomas Leavitt thomleavitt at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 13:40:38 PST 2018

Now that June has clarified that the GPCA has the ability to endorse
multiple candidates, should they prove capable of gaining the support of
2/3rds of the SGA, which I think is in alignment with our values, I think
the nature of this debate is now substantially different, and that most
folks, assuming the context is reasonable, would be o.k. with an
endorsement process proceeding.

As a suggestion, maybe amending the Proposal to have the endorsement
process go into effect AFTER this upcoming election cycle is completed,
i.e., no short turn around endorsements this time around, would alleviate
concerns and lead to greater support of the measure and less conflict?

Regards,
Thomas Leavitt