[GPCA-SGA-Votes] Discuss ID 156: Bylaws Amendment: Procedures for Recall

Nicole Castor nmcastorsilva at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 17:18:22 PST 2018

This proposal cites "GPUS 10 Key Values," as a reference, but, if
implemented, would further-centralize a procedure in our bylaws for recall.

This proposal is asking to impliment a procedure where fewer-than-half
(39%) of SGA delegates would decide whether to recall a CC member.

This proposal aims to cut-out the part of the procedure for recall, where
an entire county council would have to approve the request-for-recall by
consensus, and then send request to CC, along with enough other county
parties to make up 39% of the SGA. THEN the GA/SGA votes on it.

Because this proposal fails to uphold our Key Value of Decentralization, I
will vote, "No," on #ID 156

Nicole Castor
GP Sacramento County