[Sustain] [Transpo] Excellent Short Audio On The Biofuels Myth

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Tue Apr 3 02:01:58 PDT 2007

I do not believe that even algae will work, and I am certain that
cellulosic will not.

We can't get around conservation of energy here. The algae has to be fed
with something. The carbon has to come from somewhere. There is no free
lunch. Hence anything that will give us massive amounts of burnable
fuels, will have massive amounts of impact on the planetary ecosystem.

And as my previous post noted, the players that are getting into this
biofuels game are some of the most evil people on the planet.

If they (IDB, Jeb Bush [ethanol council], Kissinger & Associates) are
involved in it, it cannot possibly be a good thing, even if it has the
potential somehow to be good.

And I don't believe that it can in any case.

They mentioned algae. They dovetailed it and all of the other crops with
genetic engineering. This stuff is all bad news that must be stopped
before it distracts us from taking real action to end the climate
crisis, while we instead wait a precious, deadly, decade or two for some
magic bullet that will allow us all to drive cars.

Why are we talking about convoluted esoteric ways to get liquid carbon
fuels out of algae, when we could meet our energy and transportation
needs with solar, wind, tidal, wave, etc. and electrified mass transit?
These are off the shelf, affordable technologies, that can be employed
now; not speculative scientific processes which seek some sleight of
hand with which to defy the basic laws of physics.

peace

Eric