[Sustain] [Transpo] Excellent Short Audio On The Biofuels Myth

Ann Garrison anniegarrison at mac.com
Thu Apr 5 11:00:31 PDT 2007

I don't have the juice to jump into this big time, but I'd like to
see these idiotic pollution trading schemes central to AB32 and the
governor's plans, which KPFA keeps spouting at us right off some
idiot press releases, thoroughly trashed.  I'm sure I told you what
the first outcome of sulphur emission trading credits is looking
like---a doubling of sulphur emissions.

I'm with Sue on the carbon tax in that it's the only "market-based
incentive" that even remotely makes sense to me.   And even that
seems unfair to people stuck in remote suburbs, with no choice but to
commute to work in cars.  The Lennars of the world, who created all
this sprawl and should pay all these carbon taxes, are long gone with
all the money, just like all the uranium mining corporate miscreants
on the Navajo Rez.

So I'm for carbon taxes, opposed to pollution trading credits, but
are we gonna carbon tax people stuck inbetween the huge mess of
freeways and malls in Phoenix-Mesa-Tempe?   ---A.G.